Thread: How many SNES games is there in total?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Your lack of common sense is killing me here. Please don't mention scenarios that will never, ever happen. They do not bolster your case.

Your reasoning will make you the only one to consider Nightmare Busters as part of a complete set. Be prepared to be Internet-berated whenever you mention this.

If you're looking for back up to what DNG and I have said, we are the ones who built the SNES guide and specifically wrote it for the DP Advance book. We have done the research, a long time ago.
    Thank you for your interest enough to respond, but I'm not looking to be castigated for simply asking questions. I appologize if it somehow offends you that I was busy with other things years ago when you and several others were researching various games. In my very recent posts in this thread I mentioned 3 times that I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm just looking for information. If you either don't have the information that I'm looking for or don't choose to share it, then that's your prerogative, but I would request that you don't stomp all over 'newbies' who haven't aquired all of your hard-won knowledge yet. (I mean, if you asked me about a topic that I have more knowledge about than yourself, I wouldn't upbraid you for your lack of comon sense.) I've been playing video games since 1989 and a member of GameFaqs for over 6 years, although I just recently discovered this website, so I do have some knowledge of classic games (mostly NES, SNES, Game Boy, and TG-16), but there is still a lot of knowledge that I'm lacking, including Nintendo's attitute towards adding titles to their list of SNES games. How would I know it without asking?

Once again, portnoyd, I'm not trying to be argumentative here. I'm simply looking for information and trying to wrap my mind around the 'set' of SNES games which I choose to collect. i.e. If I choose to collect all of the Licensed SNES games, then that list wouldn't include Super 3D Noah's Ark, and so on and so forth. At this time I'm simply trying to choose a 'set' to collect, and my pocketbook would like to not have to pay for the 3 MACs cartridges, the 2 competition cartridges, and/or the MBR/SR cartridge (basically I don't want to pay more than $100 for any one single cartridge if I can help it) while the completionist side of me says that if I choose to collect a 'set', then I'd better be willing to pay for it.

So, portnoyd, thank you again for your interest enough to post a partial answer in the first part of your reply, but no thank you to the second part. I eagerly await your (or anyone's) informative response to my earlier questions.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Bardoly; 05-15-2012 at 05:47 PM.