Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfuzion View Post
An extremely educated and astute point, this at it's core is the basis of the frustration over high priced sealed collecting.
I think this is an overly paranoid view that sealed games and NA are somehow behind some plot which affects even loose common games.

Sure some people overprice their common games. So what. These games don't sell because they are overpriced and the seller is eventually forced to drop the price or hold them forever. Sealed black box games selling for 25k may create some higher asking prices on loose Top Gun carts at the flee market but it won't create higher sales.

Other than "shit I should have picked up more of these when they were cheap" I just don't understand why anyone would care esp to the degree that people do. If you do meet someone who is convinced that loose NES systems are now worth $500 I like to say "ok buddy I have 20 to spare how about I sell them to you for $50 each?"

If the most you want to spend is say $50-$60 (price of new retail game) and you just want to play the game there is very little in the past 5 years that has gone from affordable to unaffordable. Some loose games have even gone backwards. Hundred dollar games are now several hundred and thousand dollar games and now several thousand but most $10-$30 are still $10-$30

Loose copies of NES Punchout, Tecmo Superbowl, Contra, Zelda 1&2, Super Mario 1&2&3 have all gone nowhere in fact if you ask me they have gone down a bit in price. The only games that have really gone up in price are those that were already expensive anyway.