OK well, my theory did not hold true for some reason.

Today I took a Genesis 1 AC Adapter, and a Genesis 2 AC Adapter. And basically took the cord from the Genesis 2, and soldered it onto the Genesis 1 AC Adapter with the polarity reversed. For some reason it didn't work. I could hear some sort of audio interference on the screen as soon as I plugged the AC Adapter in, even when the console was off. No change turning it on either.

Then I got scared and thought I fried the X'Eye somehow - and plugged my CDX adapter into it and it was fine.

I guess even though the circuitry on the two ac adapters look the same, there is some sort of a difference, what I have no idea.

You'd think it would be happier with 1.2A than 800mA but meh. I am pretty sure the polarity was correct, I didn't pop anything inside the X'Eye.

The + and - are marked on the Genesis 2 circuit board, and the CDX adapter. But on the Genesis 1 it's not marked. So there is a bit of confusion there.

I think I will try round two soon. But this time I am gonna use my multi-meter to test it.

Man what a pain in the ass. That Canon adapter sounds like the best way to go, the specs are perfect, and all you do is shave something down a tad? I guess I'm just trying to be all Macgyver here.