Hey guys,
I recently acquired a second Saturn and the disc drive wasn't working on it. When I opened the system, I found the ribbon cable was completely disconnected from the drive. It also had bug parts so I took the whole thing apart and cleaned all the parts. I decided I might as well region switch mod the thing while I was at it so I wouldn't have to disassemble it twice. However, when I got it all back together, it no longer powered on and instead had the blinking power LED problem, which I've read is a problem with the power supply board. Prior to my disassembly however, it powered on fine; it just didn't read discs.

My question is, do you think I could have caused the power board to short out if I connected the region switch wrong? The fuse looks fine. I'm hoping for the outside chance the power board just happened to go bad because from what I can see it's fairly easy just to buy a new one.

It's a model 1 Saturn, and I just installed the switch to go from USA to JP. Any help will be appreciated.