This game affected me more deeply than any other game Ive ever played. Lavos to me is the greatest nemesis in a game Ive come across so far. Skip the next paragraph if you DONT want spoilers:

I was really depressed when I found out what Lavos really was, basically the farmer and harvester of humanity, manipulating history from the Black Omen. The fact that all life forms true purpose is to be food for one creature, all emotions we have are pointless, all wars amount to nothing, we have only one purpose that is to be food. That really struck a cord with me. I was also shocked how much it had in common with Dragon Ball Z, not just the art, but the story, especially with Lavos and Cell. The utopian society was an obvious reference to Atlantis, and thats an interesting thought if Atlantis is still around, not destroyed per se. My dad said once that some people think that Atlantis was a kingdom that god took up to heaven, weird coincidence? Theres things this game didnt do and places it could have gone but didnt. I think nowadays with the ability to have expansion packs then a game could in fact top it with the subjects it touches upon, a third Chrono game could do this and be the best of the trilogy.

I was really sad for awhile, but it was so brilliant I kept wanting to play. I defeated him early since I had an invincibility cheat, I beat him as soon as I could access 1999 from the end of time. After playing through that and getting a sad normal kind of ending I picked up back where I was and played through the whole rest of the game including side quests. These made me happy, I liked changing people and places for the better. I got the best ending from this and as they were walking around with the lights shining I almost cried because of how beautiful it was. Then when I was done with the good byes and I saw the credits it really made me happy. Within 4 days I went from being the most sad a game has left me to being the happiest.

How did the game make you feel at different times?