Thread: VGden is down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default VGden is down

Hi Guys,

Sorry to post this here, I don't usually like to advertise my site. But I just got some really bad issues with the company hosting my site vgden.com and the site is currently down. This will be the case for sometime but I'll try to bring it back to life soon. The URL will probably change though as the hosting company kept it hostage (literally). I won't expose the details here, but the company tried to screw me up - I did some research on the web and it looks like this is what they've been doing to their customers for sometime now. I was a bit naive I guess.
    I know a lot of you here used to visit the site and it'll be back soon...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

I love your site and have been checking periodically for over a year. In fact I base most of my purchases off your recommendations and am usually more than satisfied. I was surprised when I went to check something yesterday and it was down. Hopefully all is remedied easily for you.

Either way, once it's back up, be sure to let us know (whether or not the site name changes).

Keep up the great work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Take a look at doteasy, I've had absolutely no problems with them in the years I've used them both for my domain and hosting, nearly 100% uptime and very affordable. If you do end up using them please use this link.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 08-06-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hope to see it back soon.
    How about telling us what hosting you were using so in the future the rest of us can avoid them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It'll take sometime before I can get the site back online, at least a few months...
    I forgot to mention my old hosting, it was ' gisol ', just avoid them like the plague. If you google their name you'll find endless lists of complaints. If you have an account with them, don't do like me, don't give them a chance. They hijacked my domain (they didn't let me renew it) , said that I had to get a $49/month plan to get it back - I refused and decided to cancel my account, they charged me an extra $250 for 'closing fees'... Top that with the fact that I had just paid $190 to renew my subscription, which they said they will never refund. Anyway, here's not the place for me to get it out of my system. Just avoid them.