Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phosphor Dot Fossils: The DVD now available!

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I should buy this.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I certainly won't disagree with you there.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Well that's a deal I can't refuse...well I could, but then it would be pointless to mention it.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This came up on another forum, so I thought I'd mention it here: anyone who doesn't have Paypal can get the discount so long as their payment is postmarked before Sunday night (basically, today or tomorrow).

Thanks to those who have placed their orders already - I'm taking a small stack of DVDs to the post office today to send out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Phosphor Dot Fossils Level 2, the follow-up to the successful Phosphor Dot Fossils documentary timeline DVD released in 2008, will make its debut on Saturday, April 11th at the Oklahoma Electronic Game Expo, on the Oklahoma City Community College campus in OKC.

Like the original, Level 2 will cover a wide swath of video game history, including arcade, home console and computer games, from 1972 through 1987, with shots of the games in action, historical notes for every game shown, other trivia, and even vintage commercials from that era. Also like the original, Level 2 has an easy-to-follow visual design, a concise menu system to allow instant access to any clip on the entire DVD (which is once again estimated to have a running time of around 3 hours), and an original music score.

Level 2 will cover games not featured in the first Phosphor Dot Fossils DVD, from Atari’s early post-Pong arcade efforts and blasts from the vector graphics past, through the era when the Nintendo Entertainment System revitalized the American video game scene after an industry-stalling crash in the early 1980s.

Phosphor Dot Fossils Level 2 will be released at the 2009 OEGE event at a special “show price” of $15; orders will be taken via theLogBook.com Media the same day for those unable to attend the show, at a price of $20 (shipping inclusive) in North America, and $25 for the rest of the world. DVD specs: NTSC DVD, 4:3 standard definition aspect ratio, running time: approx. 3 hours.

The original Phosphor Dot Fossils DVD is still available, and will also be available in a 2-disc bundle with Phosphor Dot Fossils Level 2 in April. Phosphor Dot Fossils is also available from the Digital Press store in Clifton, NJ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pre-orders are now being taken for Phosphor Dot Fossils Level 2!

PDF Level 2 is three hours of all-new material, covering games from 1972-87, including more systems, more vintage commercials, and more stuff that you might not have known or seen before. Even the video and sound quality are significantly improved from the original, using some of what I've learned from both the first volume of PDF and the CGE DVDs.

The Brown Box is simply a double-pack of the original PDF and PDF Level 2, for those who haven't taken the plunge yet. Content on both volumes is exactly the same, for a total of six hours of classic gaming historical goodness in action. (Go back to earlier pages in this thread to see what folks have been saying about the first DVD, in fact.)

Both Level 2 and the Brown Box will debut at OEGE in Oklahoma City on April 11th (see this thread for details), and pre-ordered copies will ship at around the same time. If you're already going to OEGE, go ahead and wait to pick your copy up in person - that way you're not paying shipping (well, aside from having shipped yourself there!), and the pre-ordered copies probably won't ship until right around the day of OEGE itself. (I'll have CGE DVDs there too, for anyone who hasn't picked those up.)

Level 2 covers a lot of ground that some folks thought was missing from the first PDF DVD - more NES, more Commodore 64, and more systems overall, including Channel F, Studio II, Astrocade, SMS, and Atari 8-bits. I think everyone who thought that PDF 1 was okay but needed more cowbell will be pleased with the new model.
    Last edited by Phosphor Dot Fossils; 03-23-2009 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After PDF Level 2's debut at OEGE last weekend, the floodgates are now open for general orders, and several have already been shipped! Click here to order Level 2 or the Brown Box collection; I've also revised the page for the original PDF DVD so there's no confusion as to which you're ordering.

Several people have asked if Level 2 will be a presence at any other shows this year, and the answer is...I'm looking at the possibilities. Unless there's anything right in my back yard, I won't be personally making it to any shows this year, but if I've nailed down a distributor for the DVDs for a specific show, I'll announce it here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads-up - we're giving away a complete PDF Brown Box 2-DVD set. All you have to do is become a PDF fan on Facebook, and then find the recently-posted 700th review on the Phosphor Dot Fossils web archive. Post your guess as a reply to the CONTEST! status update. There's already one hint posted.