Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder
Review by Matt Paprocki
|25 reasons NOT to like Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder:
1. No Tyris Flare, period.
2. Gilius is only in the game on the back of another character.
3. Only three bosses (not including DA himself).
4. Completely lame new characters.
5. Stages that take place in the dark.
7. Generic magic.
8. Game is four stages too long.
9. Dora's weapon looks like it's from American Gladiators.
10. Ending is NOT worth 60+ minutes of gameplay.
11. Goah is no replacement for Gilius.
12. Trix are for kids... err, he IS a kid.
13. Skeleton Dragon is no replacement for standard ones.
14. Didn't players kill all of these guys in the first game?
15. Branching paths... but you must go through both sections anyway.
16. Death Adder must be killed three times.
17. Backgrounds repetitive.
18. Enemies can now block unfairly.
19. Skeletons are back and more annoying then ever.
20. That special "something" from the first game is gone.
21. Ax Battler is now called "Sunblade."
22. Hit detection is sketchy occasionally.
23. Has some major video problems in current MAME.
24. Only four different music tracks.
25. First game was at least three times better.
Five measly reasons for LIKING Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder:
1. Graphics improved dramatically.
2. New creatures (scorpion, mantis) are especially unique.
3. Catapults are nice addition.
4. Four player co-op.
5. Orchestrated music.
To summarize, Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder is not a worthy follow up to the legendary Sega classic. It has countless problems, and no matter how great it looks, it's an agonizingly long, cheap experience.
COMMENTS? Post them HERE
Return to Digital Press Home