|Things in life I learned from Black:
1. Terrorists take at least 150 rounds (not
exaggerated) to die unless shot directly in the head.
2. Hit detection is unimportant. Hence, headshots will always occur
3. First-person shooters like Black don't need mutli-player
because Chuck Norris said so.
4. When going to a funeral, beware of
the explosive and clearly marked red barrels scattered around the cemetery. Aunt Edna did
not want to be cremated.
5. It's a good idea to hype your game's destruction engine even if it
was done better with real gameplay implications years ago in Red Faction.
6. If red barrels are on backorder, be sure to stash explosive ammo
crates throughout your base to ensure spectacular entry from Black-Ops teams at the cost
of 20 human lives.
7. Doors don't have door knobs because they're made to respond to
shotguns and grenades only. Duh.
8. It's always a good idea to take a defensive position on top of an oil
tanker. You'll get the best view from there when it explodes.
9. Secondary objectives are actually primary objectives in disguise.
10. When beginning a terrorist organization, ensure that you only
recruit five types of members who regenerate themselves as needed. Anymore decreases the
amount of repetition, and who would want that?
11. Pistols are always the most powerful weapon
12. It's a good thing important paper maps and documents can survive a
rocket launcher attack. Shame the same thing can't be said for fire proof safes.
13. Two foot ledges leading to your next objective are insurmountable
14. Black Ops agents are not able to jump. Laying prone isn't in their
skill set either. Sex for them must be a bitch.
15. Grenades can only blow up walls that are specifically made to do so.
16. Unskippable cinematics in a straight forward action game are a good
17. Enemy soldiers are not able to figure out what happened when the guy
standing next to them is shot to death. Use this to your advantage in battle.
18. Bass in every video game should be so loud as to potentially cause
damage to the player's equipment. Anything that fails to blow up a new sub is not designed
19. Mines are to be laid out in plain sight and in a specific order so
they may be exploded in order like dominos. It looks nice for company.
20. Enemy bases must contain at least 3,000 explosive objects. Any less
would be uncivilized.
21. War is hell, especially when the government will only issue the good
weapons when you've completed a mission on its hardest level.
22. Glass is bullet proof where necessary.
23. Be wary of black voids. They apparently contain some unseen enemy
replication plant in which a group of underpaid Chinese midgets give birth to adult
24. Restarting missions because of a lack of decent checkpoints is worth
a $40 investment.
25. Dying is an agonizing process, and not because of pain. Imagine
hearing your heartbeat monotonously as a warning of your impending doom as if the health
meter in front of your face wasn't enough indication.
26. Showing off when reloading a weapon is far more important than
27. Dead people poop out health packs.
28. Squad members shoot blanks and always aim for the guy furthest from
29. Magical doors that were nowhere to be seen a second ago always
appear to trap you inside a room to ensure you're not sneaking off to grab any of those
silly health packs you missed.
30. Black is really, really, really, really, stupid video game.
COMMENTS? Post them HERE
Return to Digital Press Home
Last updated: Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:46 PM