Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC - Sonic Adventure: Limited Edition

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DC - Sonic Adventure: Limited Edition

Anyone know anything about this version of the game? I'm always on the lookout to add to my DC collection and I stumbled upon this one on eBay. The only difference appears to be the words Limited Edition on the booklet.

The guy selling it claims it's the rarest DC game of all-time, but I highly doubt that. Silly fleabay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Blatt
    PSN
    AGBulls

Let me be the first to say, welcome!

Take a look at the left column, and you'll see the Online Rarity Guide. Here's what it says on Sonic Adventure LE.

Developed by Sonic Team.
    Description: Soundtrack by Jun Senoue and Wave Master. This is an incomplete, rental version of Sonic Adventure adapted from the Japanese version of the game. Internet features and memory card saving is disabled. It debuted at the Hollywood Video chain nearly two months before the Dreamcast launched, and later appeared in store kiosk kits.

Style/Genre: Platform/3D/Action. Click to see other games of this type.

Released: 07/15/99. (USA)

A rarity 7 is pretty damn hard to find. I don't think its the rarest---but definetly up there. You have an ebay link to the auction, out of curiosity? I'm not gonna bid it up -- don't worry
    Parallel universe. Bush, destitute, joins army.

Check out my Gaming Comic: www.GreeneSide.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

It is one of the more rare of the DC titles. Its fairly hard to find it complete so if you can get it for a good price go for it.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

... it's funny.

One auction has the manual, but no back inlay. The other has the back inlay but no manual. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the help guys. I didn't realize there was more to this site. I only found the forum through a Google search. I'll throw the link out for the eBay auction because if this thing is actually worth $50 like the guide says, I won;t be in the market for it anyway.

eBay link
    I drink to prepare for my fights, and tonight, I am very prepared. Ha ha ha!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got a complete one, and it was a bitch for me to find. First of all as far as I know these were all made for Hollywood video and made available before the offical DC system release( A promotion thing), so one, all the copies I've seen have that clear HV sticker on the top of the disc, 2 most are beat up beyond belief(mine is semi-scratched), and 3rd being a rental, most of the instruction books are beat-up/missing. HV would sell these off disc only so you find it a lot that way, and finding the whole back insert/manual is way harder than the disc which isn't easy itself.

to add, the spine also says Limited edition and there are some small differences on the back insert. The manuel has a 9-9-99 advertisement(the day the dreamcast was suppose to launch). I actually haven't got around to playin this yet, but I'm told it does have some differences from the general release, but I can't confirm that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that auction, although the in the pictures looks complete... is not. its stated in the auction that the back inlay tray card is missing. looks like he replaced it with a web browser inlay card or something.
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one, in a Greatest Hits case though (I think the Gamecrazy didn't have the original case anymore)

I think that some versions have save features, others don't. I can save with mine. Also, there's supposedly more glitches in the LE version than the final retail version.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

there are a few differences between the standard and L.E. instruction books which i detailed (under my prev. user name) here. i was lucky enough to find my complete one, in very good shape, for $10 a few years ago.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Buford T Jenkins View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. I didn't realize there was more to this site. I only found the forum through a Google search. I'll throw the link out for the eBay auction because if this thing is actually worth $50 like the guide says, I won;t be in the market for it anyway.

eBay link
    It's worth every penny of $50 bucks. You won't necessarily spend 50 bucks on it if you do a little hunting, as both Perkar and I have found nice lots with copies of Sonic LE in them, but stand alone Sonic LE ebay auctions will end in the $50+ range every time.

Quote Originally Posted by leorange View Post
    mine is different than this one, because it has none of the hollywood video writing on it, so i'm figuring it's one of the later kiosk ones. it does definitely say "limited edition" on the disc itself and on the title screen though.

perhaps there are differences in the hollywood video manual as well...
    Orangest:
    The image you linked to in that old post isn't a different disc. What Hollywood Video did with a majority of the copies was just put a Hollywood Video disc shield sticker on the disc. Of the two copies i've owned one had that sticker (and was a Minty Mint copy) and one didn't (which isn't perfect, but pretty good considering where it came from).
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crap, it's now up to over $60. I'm out. Too rich for the likes of me.
    I drink to prepare for my fights, and tonight, I am very prepared. Ha ha ha!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I can confirm that this is one hard game to come by complete. It was indeed a Hollywood video exclusive. Also as a side note, they rented out game systems that did not have the modem, instead had a piece of plastic inserted instead. I was able to pick my working "x hollywood DC system" at a goodwill clearance for $5.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    I can confirm that this is one hard game to come by complete. It was indeed a Hollywood video exclusive. Also as a side note, they rented out game systems that did not have the modem, instead had a piece of plastic inserted instead. I was able to pick my working "x hollywood DC system" at a goodwill clearance for $5.
    Incorrect. 400+ DISC ONLY copies were shipped, one to each FuncoLand for the Dreamcast Kiosks prior to their release. So, the only Exclusive that Hollywood Video got was the case, insert, and manual.
    #vbender

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    Incorrect. 400+ DISC ONLY copies were shipped, one to each FuncoLand for the Dreamcast Kiosks prior to their release. So, the only Exclusive that Hollywood Video got was the case, insert, and manual.
    I just saw this and thought that I would confirm that the thoughts are correct -- finding the disk only isn't overly tough to do, but a complete game in good shape is nearly impossible. Disk only runs between $20-50 usually, depending on condition. Complete I have seen close as high as $100.

I do believe this is the hardest Sega released US Dreamcast game to find. The only others that are in the same category from my experience has been Shenmue Limited Edition and the various demos that were released. The demo discs themselves are the hardest things to find, easily eclipsing Sonic LE, but rarely fetch as much big money since they were sleeves and most collectors don't classify them as games, as Sonic LE is generally thought of.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    It's worth every penny of $50 bucks. You won't necessarily spend 50 bucks on it if you do a little hunting, as both Perkar and I have found nice lots with copies of Sonic LE in them, but stand alone Sonic LE ebay auctions will end in the $50+ range every time.

Agreed. I've found 5 copies in the wild so far, and paid about $5 each.

Finding a complete set is pretty tough though, with the manual seeming to be more rare than the back insert.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW Auction ended and look at the price. Didn't realize there was such huge demand. Looked at it out of curiosity but to rich for my blood

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, $150 for an incomplet copy? wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah i was bidding on it, i really wanted it. i somehow knew that the winner had bid an insane amount so he would auto win it. so i bid 150$ just so he would have to pay for it. the winner has won alot of stuff lately, he waits until the last second and bids an insane amount just to insure his win. he would have got it for about 100$ if it werent for me.

im glad i did that as well, because i have lost many auctions to this guy.. haha. like last night, i was bidding on 119 dreamcast game lot...well i didnt win, but the same guy that won the sonic, won that as well.

i always lose!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roxxybaby

Wow, kind of makes me tempted to sell my copy. I've never seen that game go that high before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What's so diffent between this Copy & the Normal one