Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good stores around Cincinnati Ohio?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Good stores around Cincinnati Ohio?

Well, I go to school in southern Ohio, just a short drive out of Cincinnati. I'm from Columbus, so I don't really know the places to get games around here. I've found only one decent store...so...

Can anyone point me in the right direction of good thrift stores and game stores in and around Cincinnati?
    Death to Bill and Ted!

aka Blur2040...it says that name is registered already...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont know the address, but a good place to start is the CD/Game Exchange. There is one in Clifton, Norwood, and Eastgate(i think?). Their stock can be kindof thin, but their prices are often excellent

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy, Chrisbid, we had this same conversation, but about Columbus, on Atariage, I believe.

(Oh yeah, sorry, goodbye old name RamboCalrissian, I got my proper account activated! )

I figure I should mention the most interesting place I've found so far.

In the Tri County Mall in Springdale, theres's a place...I forget the name of it...Games X change...or something like that...

They have everything. Everything. Imports (they have a PC engine Duo sitting in their case right now) classics (gobs of Atari stuff, mostly 2600 and 7800, a few 8 bit too....and some intellivision...NO COLECO THOUGH!) They have wallls full of NES, SNES, Saturn, GBA, Genesis, SMS etc. They have pretty much everything out there....

Except It's all priced a bit too high. That's probably why they can keep rarer stuff in there. It's still pretty nice though. I've gotten a few Lynx games there...and it can be dame near impossible to find Lynx games (barring the internet)
    Death to Bill and Ted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid
    i dont know the address, but a good place to start is the CD/Game Exchange. There is one in Clifton, Norwood, and Eastgate(i think?). Their stock can be kindof thin, but their prices are often excellent
    Eastgate one has been gone for quite sometime, but then again they really didn't have anything but shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur2040
    In the Tri County Mall in Springdale, theres's a place...I forget the name of it...Games X change...or something like that...
    That place is pretty sweet. Lots of games across all consoles....and they have those blue Gamegears.

Eep.

My contribution: On Beechmont Ave there are two Gamestops, a Gamecrazy, and a Gamerush. In Eastgate there is another Gamestop, another Gamecrazy, an EB in the mall, an Ebgames across the street from the mall, and another little crappy gamestore in the mall. The name escapes me.

There is a Goodwill around here someplace....not exactly sure where and various flea markets.
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that place was great, and just down the hall from EB no less

as you said, their selection is outstanding, but their prices are all over the place. i did however find a Sega CD model 1 there, but they forced me to buy a genesis with it, and charged me 40 bucks :\

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yeah...if you ever look in the Cincinnati area phone book, avoid "Game Junkie" the one that claims to be Cincinnati's biggest game store...or biggest something or other.

It's actually Cincinnati's biggest load of crap. Basically it was a store filled with Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 games....except it was tiny with a horrible selection. The highlight was watching a bunch of 15 year olds play some anime style gamecube fighting game with Hori pads. Oldest thing they had were a few N64 games.
    Death to Bill and Ted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Eternal Tune
    PSN
    EternalTune

Quote Originally Posted by Blur2040
    Oh yeah...if you ever look in the Cincinnati area phone book, avoid "Game Junkie" the one that claims to be Cincinnati's biggest game store...or biggest something or other.

It's actually Cincinnati's biggest load of crap. Basically it was a store filled with Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 games....except it was tiny with a horrible selection. The highlight was watching a bunch of 15 year olds play some anime style gamecube fighting game with Hori pads. Oldest thing they had were a few N64 games.
    Aren't they in Dayton?
    RIP Kamino. 1984-2010. Yes, yes I do like nes...

<+skaar> Maybe you should ask yourself "What is it about me that makes men not want to let me penetrate them?"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Theres definately one down towards Cincinnati...and it sucks...

It's somewhere off the Michael A Fox highway...which I call the "Michael J. Fox" highway...and make back to the future jokes about.
    Death to Bill and Ted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Tune
    My contribution: On Beechmont Ave there are two Gamestops, a Gamecrazy, and a Gamerush. In Eastgate there is another Gamestop, another Gamecrazy, an EB in the mall, an Ebgames across the street from the mall, and another little crappy gamestore in the mall. The name escapes me.
    bah, support your indie game store, too many genesis boxes have needlessly perished

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbid
    bah, support your indie game store, too many genesis boxes have needlessly perished
    Indeed. I haven't been in a EB or Gamestop in ages...though I did get a 20 dollar DC or two...

Edit: Cmon...theres nobody else in Southern Ohio?
    Death to Bill and Ted!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Moving...

Well I will be living in Middletown OH for awhile and being that it is neither too far from Dayton or Cincinnati I thought I would awaken this old thread.

I have located 8 GameCrazies from the East side of Cincinnati, up 75 and into Centerville. Got those.
    Bizarrely, there are about 35 Gamestops using the store locator and 50 mile radius from 45236 and 45042.
    There appears to be 4 CD Game Exchanges.
    I believe there are 4 Buybacks, one near the Dayton Mall, and three in Cincinnati.
    I am aware of two Flea Markets, but believe there are more...Caesar's Creek and Trader's World.
    There are three Half-Price Books stores; sometimes they have some decent PC Games...

Where else should I visit for games? Where's the Indie's? Is the store still in the Tr-County Mall? Any other worthwhile Fleas?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are 3 Game Swap stores in Cincy. One is in Eastgate Mall, one is in Florence Mall, and one is in Tri-County Mall. There is supposed to be one opening in Kettering as well. As far as flea markets go, there is Treasure Aisles (aka Turtle Creek Flea Market) on the other side of I-75 from Trader's World on Route 63. There are still two CD/Game Exchanges in Cincy that I know of, one in Norwood and one in Clifton. You can also go to http://www.cincinnatigoodwill.org/shop/stores.html for a list of all of the Goodwills in Cincy. I'm not going to tell you which stores yield the best finds because I do not really want any competition :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The three Game Swaps are my favorite places, but there are others. Games Galore in Northgate Mall is nice, and Game Insane in Lawrenceburg, IN is run by some friends of mine. It's a great store, with pretty good selection of retro games.

There's also a Play n' Trade and a Game City over in Milford, those are only alright.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is more near Columbus, but I know there is a pretty cool video game store in Hilliard, OH called Level 1 games. Never been there, but the owner of the store runs a youtube channel and often shows it. He has a lot of cool and older stuff.

You'll have an easier time finding stores around Ohio though by checking out this map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...7cea768d23&z=2
    I have a sig?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dib View Post
    This is more near Columbus, but I know there is a pretty cool video game store in Hilliard, OH called Level 1 games. Never been there, but the owner of the store runs a youtube channel and often shows it. He has a lot of cool and older stuff.

You'll have an easier time finding stores around Ohio though by checking out this map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...7cea768d23&z=2
    Good stuff. The map only shows Games Galore, Traders Worls and Game Haven, any one been to Game Haven? Worth a trip?

Level 1. I missed that one (I actually live 9 miles from it now, before I move), I'll try and stop in.

Thanks for all the info -- I'll find those thrifts your hiding!!!

I'll actually try to visit all the locations at one time or another and develope a route of 'worthwhile' stops. I'll then hit the locations that did not make the cut rarely.
    Usually I have a GameCrazy route and a Gamestop route so that I can take advantage of any hot deals (Buy2Get1).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

blankblankblankblankblank
    Last edited by Blur2040; 12-30-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    Death to Bill and Ted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm on first name basis with most of the Game Swap employees, and I'm known as "The Atari Guy" to those who don't know my by name. I forgot about the Game City stores... I've hit the one in Milford and in Newport on the Levee. The one in Newport has yielded some good finds, whereas the one in Milford is meh. I need to head out to Game Insane out in Lawrenceburg, as I've never been there. I live in Eastgate, though, so Lawrenceburg is easily an hour drive. Trebuken, whenever you move close to Cincy give me a shout and I can take you on a flea market/thrifting run on the promise that you aren't a psycho killer that wants to wear my face
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Just as a heads up...anyone who buys the Famicom games I want at Level 1... I KILL YOU!
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to the Game Swap in Kettering for the first time today, personally felt that it was pretty weak sauce. That might have had something to do with the fact that I drove from Cincinnati and ended up leaving empty handed...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hawtxdawg360

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    Just as a heads up...anyone who buys the Famicom games I want at Level 1... I KILL YOU!
    Don't go away mad....just go away!