Thread: HELPHELPHELP!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default HELPHELPHELP!!!

O.K. - now that I've gotten your attention , a few questions... I've searched high and low for the answers to these questions, but I haven't been able to get a definative answer. So, here goes:

First - could someone give me a few word for word examples of letters you've sent to your villagers that work, and make 'em happy? I've tried many combinations - no luck at all!!! I keep getting the "I can' t understand" letters back.

Secondly - I'm into my 9th day - and still NO fishing rod at Nooks. Should I be worrying?

And finally, has anyone run across the "camper" in the tent that tells you a fishing story, and then names off 4 fish (salmon, stringfish - and two others) - then asks you which one he DIDN'T catch? I went back to him 4 times, guessing a different fish each time (it's always the same 4) and every time he said "wrong fish".

I think that's all I've got right now. Thanks in advance for your help!!!
    My dog is getting worried - Alpo is up to 99 cents a can - that's almost 7 dollars in dog money!

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Honeslty, I don't think it matters. No matter WHAT I've written about half of them come back as "I don't understand". I'd LOVE to see a perfect letter.

2. Yes, you should, reply to this with your name and town and I (Or someone else) will code you one.

3. Haven't seen him.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sylent:
    Thanks for the reply and the offer - very kind... Below you'll find my name and city. Funny that we're doing some electronic trading - I've been putting together a list of Atari and Colecovision carts I wanna buy from you in real life - been saving up a little cash so I can get 'em all in one big lot - I'll keep you posted. Anyway:

Name: Tigger
    Town: Agape

Thanks!
    My dog is getting worried - Alpo is up to 99 cents a can - that's almost 7 dollars in dog money!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing about a week, no fishing rod yet, and nothing to catch bugs either. I met the ghost at 10 minutes after midnight, but I couldn't catch the others, had no way to. Oh well, hopefully something today...

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Spade day 2
    Net day 4

I'm hoping the rod comes tomorrow or sixth day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the shovel on the first day, net on the second day, fishing pole on like the 6th or 7th day.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I got really lucky. Got the Shovel on the first day, the fishing pole and net second day. Still no axe though.
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had no troubles writting letters. I ususally say something like this, "I like you. I am glad we are friends." or "I am glad we are friends. Come by and we can play games." I've pretty much stuck to one or two liners. I keep it simple and I'll also sometimes note what they have said to me in conversations. I have yet to recieve a "I don't know what you are talking about" letter. Okay, I got one, but that's my own fault because I was trying to get a person to leave town.... As for the fishing pool, I am well into week two and never had one in the store. Thankgodtochrist, I had a friend send me one.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got the idea to type their "catch phrase" in the letter. I wonder if they will like that? I'll try it tonite.

Vegas from HELL!!!!
    GET OUT OF THE WALLS CHEATER!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've gotten wonderful reviews of my letters:

"Ah lkdsf kjs s jk sgflek!!"