Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Collector Issue #10 Details - Shipping Soon!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Video Game Collector Issue #10 Details - Shipping Soon!

Video Game Collector Issue #10 is at the printer and will be shipping in 1-2 weeks! We know the readers have been waiting patiently so you'll be pleased to know this is the biggest issue in VGC history! We have many major announcements that will follow in an official press release in the near future, but to keep everyone in the loop, here are some issue #10 highlights:

*New editors bring in a wide span of expertise to each page of the 80-page giant-sized issue: Bill "The Game Doctor" Kunkel serves as guest editor for the issue, Aaron Auzins comes aboard as assistant editor and last, but certainly not least, Joe Santulli joins us as price guide editor!

*This issue's photo checklist is a whopper! Issue #10 recognizes the Atari 2600's 30th anniversary and collectors will find enclosed multiple pages featuring box art for every single U.S. retail release!

*Speaking of the Atari 2600, prototypes run wild in Issue #10, with multiple pages detailing "VCS carts that could have been."

*Our quarterly editorial also continues with Greg Wilcox discussing some of Japan's most infamous "kusage" - literally the best "crap" money can buy! Kristina Potts also returns to bring us up to speed on the library of anime series based off of gaming's most popular fighting franchises. With Indiana Jones whipping the box office recently, Aaron Auzins has chronicled Indy's escapades in video game form, pointing Indy gaming fans toward the series' most collectible goods.

*Exclusive interviews are abound in VGC Issue #10! We've pulled in interviews with the extremely talented video game soundtrack composer Tommy Tallarico and legendary game designer David Perry and are featuring an interview with current internet celebrity The Angry Video Game Nerd all in one convenient place!

*More classic game reviews than ever before! While a lot of video games are worth money, are they worth your time? This issue covers a huge span of consoles and handhelds to provide an honest opinion and photos of some of gaming's most collectible titles.

*A completely updated price guide and checklist featuring updated pricing on classic systems and every single retail release up to our editorial deadline for current systems. More people have worked on the listings than ever before to bring you a guide as accurate as we can possibly make it!

*Celebrate Atari's 30th anniversary in style: In our exclusive contest, one lucky reader will win a private dinner with Atari founder Nolan Bushnell at his new restaurant in Los Angeles, hotel and airfare included!

Of course, there is even more content to take in with Video Game Collector Issue #10, so stay tuned for more announcements on the latest issue! The issue will ship in limited quantities toward the end of the month and will make special debuts at the Wizard World event in Chicago (June 26-29, www.wizardworld.com), as well as at the Digital Press Store in Clifton, N.J., on Saturday, June 28 during the Triple Threat Starcade featuring The Angry Video Game Nerd (I'm sure he'd sign your copy of VGC!), PBC Products and Digital Press (2-10 p.m. EST, Digital Press, 387 Piaget Ave., Clifton, N.J., 07011 - check out the event forum thread at www.digitpress.com for details).

As stated earlier, aside from our subscribers and orders, the magazine will only be available in limited quantities and we're anticipating the issue will sell out fast. You can visit www.vgcollector.com to subscribe and renew subscriptions and, of course, once shipped, you will be able to purchase the issue directly from the site or a number of online and brick-and-mortar retail locations.

We are currently auditing the subscriber list so everyone can rest easy knowing their copies will indeed be on their way. As always you can contact the magazine at its new (and much more dependable) e-mail address vgcollector@gmail.com and you can contact me directly at vgcaaron@gmail.com or right here on the Digit Press forums. Thank you for your support through 10 issues! We have much more coming on the horizon and everyone can expect Video Game Collector Issue #11 to be released on schedule in August - more details as they become available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What's the latest on issue #10?

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

double post edit

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

I noticed on your site that you can buy the mag at any rhino video games. Unfortunatly they were bought out by EB and even there previous locations do not carry it anymore. Thats where I used to get mine from. I guess I have to subscribe since there are NO game stores near me other than ones owned by EB/gamestop/blockbuster/hollywood video ect .

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope you actually call shit games "kusoge", not "kusage". If it's "kusage", you are looking at Grass games, not shit games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanon View Post
    I hope you actually call shit games "kusoge", not "kusage". If it's "kusage", you are looking at Grass games, not shit games.
    I'd hope so too. That's what was given to me so I'd have to check things out tomorrow and see what the deal is. The source who gave me the detail list spelled it kusage, so it's possible the original still says kusoge. I'll get a clarification and try the best I can if something is wrong there.

I'll be sure to get an update on the printing as well. We've been assured by the printer we will have the issues printed for both of the aforementioned events so it's very likely the subscriber mailings will go out sometime over the weekend. Like I said, I'll try to get an update for you and our press release will be ready in the next 1-2 days.

As for Rhino, that's something else I'd have to get clarification on from the publisher. I know we are being carried in a larger number of Blockbuster Video stores now, so that is another great place to pick up a copy. You can also purchase individual issues on www.vgcollector.com as well as a number of other online retailers.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Punk View Post
    double post edit
    Answer: Yes!

Useful info: coming very very soon. Can you guess who the guest price guide editor is?

SPOILER ALERT!

Yup, it's Robert Downey Jr.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Answer: Yes!

Useful info: coming very very soon. Can you guess who the guest price guide editor is?

SPOILER ALERT!

Yup, it's Robert Downey Jr.
    I was wondering why 10-Yard Fight was valued at $500 ...

Just to re-stress the DP event this upcoming weekend, don't miss out on the Triple Threat Starcade featuring The Angry Video Game Nerd, PBC Productions and Digital Press on Saturday. We have an interview with The Angry Video Game Nerd in Issue #10, which is planned to be featured at the event. Also, those in the Chicago area shouldn't miss Wizard World, where some of the VGC staff will be camping out at various booths. As I said, full details in 1-2 days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I can't wait for issue 10 and I have just ordered a subscription. I can't wait to get 9 and 10. This one sounds fantastic.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post
    I can't wait for issue 10 and I have just ordered a subscription. I can't wait to get 9 and 10. This one sounds fantastic.
    Thank you for the support.

And, to clarify, the article correctly lists the term as "kusoge."

I'll be back later today or tomorrow to add all the details I can about issue #10 and maybe at thing or two about what we already know for issues #11 and #12.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah bugger, US and Canada only ?
    Any way of getting one flown over ?
    Who should I start sucking up to ?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mercapto View Post
    Ah bugger, US and Canada only ?
    Any way of getting one flown over ?
    Who should I start sucking up to ?
    If you could PM me some mailing details, I can forward it to the publisher and see what we can do for you. I'll be talking him tonight, so we should be able to turn some information over to you within a day or two.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Has this been shipped yet? The 1-2 week time-frame has come & gone.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SpyHunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGex View Post
    Has this been shipped yet? The 1-2 week time-frame has come & gone.
    Its definitely out, I got mine in the DP store almost 2 weeks ago.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The publisher has shipped the new issues as far as I know. We recently audited the subscriber list so that we hopefully don't run into any issues with people not getting their magazine. I would say if you haven't received your issue yet, you will really soon. I'll be sure to contact the publisher tonight and get a status report.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SpyHunter View Post
    Its definitely out, I got mine in the DP store almost 2 weeks ago.
    My fingers are crossed. I went thru this last year and after several emails I was told everything is fixed. I am hoping it is just slow mail.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Once again, if you have any questions about your subscription, please feel free to either PM me on the DP forums or send an e-mail to our new customer support e-mail - vgcollector@gmail.com

If you would like, I can now personally check to ensure that you are on the proper mailing list. I've spent the past two days surfing through the sub list at the request of the publisher, so I'd like to verify the accuracy of my work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nestlekwik View Post
    Once again, if you have any questions about your subscription, please feel free to either PM me on the DP forums or send an e-mail to our new customer support e-mail - vgcollector@gmail.com

If you would like, I can now personally check to ensure that you are on the proper mailing list. I've spent the past two days surfing through the sub list at the request of the publisher, so I'd like to verify the accuracy of my work.
    PM sent. I am hoping it is just taking awhile to get here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I verified your status, and you're all good. The reason some people already have the magazine is our printer was able to do a special FedEx for us in order to have first-run copies for the Wizard World and Digital Press Starcade events. All of the subscriber and retail shipments should all be finished mailing by Monday or Tuesday.

Issue #10 ranks in at 80 full pages so I hope everyone appreciates the extra effort we've put in to the publication. With the interviews, features and updated price guide, we hope that makes up for the small delay. Actually being a full editor for issue #11, I can assure you the newest issue will be ready for Aug. 14 as promised and with all of the extra effort we've put in over the past few months, I hope everyone enjoys the rejuvenation of VGC as we are basically relaunching the publication.

For now, though, most mailings should hit your mailboxes some time next week (or early the following week in some cases) and everyone should be happy to know we've increased our spread to around an additional 500 Blockbuster Video locations in the U.S. for issue #10 and future issues will receive more retail locations. If your local Blockbuster doesn't carry VGC, request that they carry Video Game Collector Magazine. In fact, anywhere you regularly buy your magazines, request Video Game Collector and if we're contacted by a retail outlet, we'd be more than happy to supply them with issues. We're working with distributors at this time, but nothing gets magazines in stock faster than customer requests.

Thank you for your patience and support!

Finally, to stress once more:
    Please send all customer inquiries to our NEW e-mail - vgcollector@gmail.com
    Also, while we are in the process of updating to a new Web page, you can still order back issues and subscriptions at www.vgcollector.com, but you can also get news, media and details for the time being at www.myspace.com/vgcmagazine

-nestlekwik

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

quick note love the mag, the pics need better enhancements especially on the larger ones in the articles, lots of pixels mainly on the avgn one

dwarf

..."The One And Only"