Quote Originally Posted by Coreykun667 View Post
I just received my Supaboy from Stone Age Gamer, and the high pitch noise is godawful, which even plays through headphones... I also seem to get some weird lines on the screen playing Star Fox, yet Stunt Rally FX plays just dandy. The unit also doesn't play Mario RPG and Kirby Superstar (I'm 99.9% sure that these are 1st rev.) I'll have to check back up on Yoshi's Island for issues, but none so far. Mario RPG has the number 34 punched in the back label and KSS has a 40 stamped in the back. I bought this assuming I was right with the 1st software revisions on both...
from what i recall, the stamps only mean what factory the games were assembled at, not which revision.

I recently received Kaboomer's copy of Super Mario RPG - one that works on a Supaboy. I don't have my Supaboy to test right now, but I can confirm from watching his video that it's the same cartridge. Having said that, when I opened up both copies of the game that I have, the insides are using the same PCB revision, though the chips look slightly different. I honestly don't know how to differentiate between a clone-compatible copy and a non-working copy. Sigh.