Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
I personally think that before you guys say no dice this year, you should reach out to us in the DP community.

There are lots of us out here. I mean, if you are making no money from this, why not get a hand from the community for a good location. I just moved to Vegas, so I don't know of many places for an Expo, but with a community nation-wide, and even around the world, you guys should not have to sit there and try to pull the entire burden onto yourselves.

Maybe if somebody out in the DP community can help make some calls (I am sure somebody out there has a connection to this somewhere in the US), they could privately talk with you guys about a location.

Like you guys said, you make no money, so what will it hurt to reach out to the community for a hand. You guys don't have to feel like it is a heavy burden when you have a huge community of people more than willing to make some calls for places they know, maybe some people willing to help you out with whatever.

If you were in it for a profit then sure, pull it on your shoulders, but there is no need to do that when it is just an awesome gathering for us gamers.

I personally suggest reaching out to us. I know people in San Diego, San Francisco, Florida, I mean, all over the nation, and that is just me.

Turn CGE into an awesome grassroots campaign to get a cge 2011 rocking. And if you think I am joking, I can easily start calling people tomorrow I know. Why not? Why put the entire burden on you guys. Now, I am not saying I would take it over, hahaha, no way in hell I could do that. You guys have done it enough to know more about it than most of us, but seriously, why not have us help you guys?
I strongly agree with this. In fact, I have posted a similar suggestion several times in the past decade, but for whatever reason, the DP guys just don't seem able or willing to harness the skills and connections of the membership here to make this show an even bigger success. Heck, I'd be willing to bet if they did one of those sponsorship website things where people donate but don't get charged unless the goal is met, many people here would pledge $25, $50, $100 or even more to make it happen. In years past, there have been corporate sponsors for CGE, really well moderated panels with journalists and great guests, more vendors, fun sub-events, etc...Unfortunately, it seems like none of that stuff ever comes together at the same time and last year in particular, it seemed like a lot of things didn't quite come together the way they have in the past. Yes, the economy played a role, but there also just seemed to be a lack of energy or time. I get that it takes more time up front to harness volunteers, but with technology and the instant communication technologies out there, it really seems like it would be very easy to just get some members here to take on specific duties (arranging sponsors, seeking vendors, negotiating with the hotel, locating and inviting alumni, etc...). In any event, I will be very disappointed if this doesn't happen this year and I personally will do whatever I can to help.