Quote Originally Posted by treismac View Post
I see your point, as I do think the name of a game affects the way we think about the game and its franchise, but I think the macot issue goes deeper than the name of the respective franchise. Even if Halo was named Master Chief's Super Adventure, most of the time that Halo players would play the game would still be in online multiple player mode, rendering the need for a mascot null and void. Master Chief as a character gives the Halo series no edge over similar FPS games that have no mascot like Modern Warfare or Medal of Honor. Mario, on the other hand, gives his respective Nintendo games a huge edge over some other mascoted video game like Bubsy the Bobcat or Awesome Possum.
I don't know, you are making good points... I may not be the best person to make the argument for master chief cuz im one of the few people that has been following the story intently since halo 1 launch day... and would still buy a new halo game even if it didn't have online multiply player mode... master chief is the reason I got the original xbox and the 360... so I guess I view him as a mascot more then other people that box xboxs for other reasons...

And on a side note master chief's super adventure does sound like a amazing game...