Thread: Are there ANY arcades ANYWHERE anymore?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    I feel your pain.
    The big mall here in Alabama had a wonderful arcade up until a few months ago. This arcade was always crowded, so I can't really figure out why it closed.
    Maybe because Namco owned it?

Anyway, they had House of The Dead 4, Guilty Gear X2, Star Wars, fighting games in the Japanese style cabinets, and a lot more.

Even though I've only really lived here a year, this arcade's leave is quite a sad one.
    Ahh yes, the Namco Time Out at the Galleria. There is a small arcade in the back of an Italian food joint in Alabaster, and they have Truxton, but the workers are A-holes.

We still have a few in the Montgomery area. There is a mini golf place with a small arcade that has some classics in it. The local bowling alley has some classics as well, including some Neo Geo machines. Eastdale Mall in Montgomery has an arcade with some of the more modern games.
    Last edited by Rob; 08-23-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Ahh yes, the Namco Time Out at the Galleria. There is a small arcade in the back of an Italian food joint in Alabaster, and they have Truxton, but the workers are A-holes.

We still have a few in the Montgomery area. There is a mini golf place with a small arcade that has some classics in it. The local bowling alley has some classics as well, including some Neo Geo machines. Eastdale Mall in Montgomery has an arcade with some of the more modern games.
    Joe's Italian, right? I live about 5 minutes from there. That place is normally packed on the weekend.

Are there any good places for classic gaming (shops, fleas, e.t.c.) in the Montgomery area? I'm thinking about taking a trip down for a day sometime.
    Last edited by Kyle15; 08-24-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.