Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
Yeah, it's very good for a 16 bit game, huge sprites, but the camera angle changing can be jarring.

Sad that Sega didn't bring it to the US, the Genesis could have done with a 1st party wrestling title during that era. Glad they threw it on some of the Genesis collections.

They didn't release it on the Genesis, but they did release an arcade version in America. I remember playing it at Pizza Hut (and being fairly underwhelmed).

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
This thread makes me really bummed that US developers seem to be completely resistant to making an unlicensed wrestling game with over-the-top characters ala Pro-Wrestling, Saturday Night Slam Masters or even Punch-Out if you will in our modern era.

The closest we've gotten in recent years are previously mentioned M.U.S.C.L.E. games and the Rumble Roses games, which aren't bad other than both being paced in the Japanese pro wrestling match style (slow and steady).

I'd LOVE to see something with over-the-top original characters and crazy fast action ... the WWE Superstars game was a move in the right direction but the superdeformed WWE likenesses kind of held it back more than anything.

I'm a huge wrestling mark and I'm totally not opposed to playing with unlicensed characters if they're well designed and have personality. Wrestling games need to be fun again!

In addition to WWE All Stars (which was an all around mess, IMO), there was also WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, which was quite a bit better. It was too arcadey for my tastes, but still not a bad game.