Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Tales REMAKE coming to XBLA, PS3, Wii U

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    matt_average

From those live streaming videos, you could hear the voices in the background. Not bad! Especially not bad for Scrooge, since Alan Young is 93 years old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    He is. I heard him in one of the cutscenes during the livestream and it sounds just like the show. Helps they confirmed during said stream that ALL the original VAs were returning too.
    That will be impossibe since several voice actors for important characters on the show have passed away (Hal Smith that voiced Gyro and Flintheart Glomgold who was one of the primary villains, for instance). And while I hope they ignore the later additions to the cast, the actor that did the voicework for Fenton Crackshell/Gizmo Duck) has passed away. He certainly was an important character for the last 1/3 or so of the show's run.

And quite a few are up there in the years. The actress that did the voicework for Magica De Spell, another important villain, is even older than Alan Young and quite possibly unavailable or sounding very different if she is willing to participate. I hope there's more than just the Beagle Boys in here for villains to go up against since they were the least interesting of the bunch.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-22-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alan Young is well into his 90's, but still in good health and continues to work from time to time. His book Mister Ed and Me is very entertaining if ever you want to learn more about the guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im pretty psyched for this, mastered this game as a child, and cant wait to do so again. I dont like to spend more than $7 on XBL games so It will be a long time till I can play.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Any word on including the original NES games as part of the package (Probably not much hope that they'd also release the two GameBoy efforts as well, but that would be even nicer to see all four be included)?

It would be ashame to see this rare opportunity pass to get some of Capcom's classic library of licensed games out while they had a chance. At the very least while they have this license, I hope they make their way to Nintendo's digital Virtual Console service even though I wouldn't bother paying to download them.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-22-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. BaconStein View Post
    Well, that was the most pretentious trailer I've ever seen.
    Aye, 50 seconds before they finally get around to the gameplay is not a good sign. I am easily reminded of one of the early trailers for Goldeneye Reloaded.

I don't much care for how empty all the stages look, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Capcom must be incredibly desperate.
    My thoughts exactly. On the other hand, if it sells really well, there's always that faint hope that McDuck might finally appear in Marvel vs Capcom, amirite?

Besides, Wayforward doesn't have much of a tendency to drop the ball, do they?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    That will be impossibe since several voice actors for important characters on the show have passed away (Hal Smith that voiced Gyro and Flintheart Glomgold who was one of the primary villains, for instance). And while I hope they ignore the later additions to the cast, the actor that did the voicework for Fenton Crackshell/Gizmo Duck) has passed away. He certainly was an important character for the last 1/3 or so of the show's run.

And quite a few are up there in the years. The actress that did the voicework for Magica De Spell, another important villain, is even older than Alan Young and quite possibly unavailable or sounding very different if she is willing to participate. I hope there's more than just the Beagle Boys in here for villains to go up against since they were the least interesting of the bunch.
    Gizmo Duck and Flintheart Glomgold were in the game. Even Bubba the Caveduck was. Flintheart only made an appearance in the very last segment of the game, if I remember correctly.

I'm a bit annoyed that there was no footage of the Amazon and Moon stages (and very little of the mines), so I hope they polish things up right.

WayForward has -really- matured into one of the best independent developers out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm definitely looking forward to this, as Ducktales is one of my favorite NES games. If this game does very well, it may open the door for more Capcom remakes like this...maybe Rescue Rangers, or even Little Nemo!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    This is not one I ever expected them to revisit. Is there any reason to get this other than the improved visuals? I've played the nes game to the point that its not even fun anymore.

That said, way forward usually does an awesome job with this stuff.
    The levels look like they've really been expanded on, as well as the boss battles. Plus, there is at least one new level (the money bin level in the trailer was not in the original game).

And quite a few are up there in the years. The actress that did the voicework for Magica De Spell, another important villain, is even older than Alan Young and quite possibly unavailable or sounding very different if she is willing to participate.
    Sounds like she's in the game. If you watch the streaming video from earlier today where they fight Magica, it sounds like her voice. Kind of hard to hear through all the crowd noise though, but even the guys playing mention that it's still her doing the voice.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Way too "commercial"? It's a remake of a game based on a cartoon that was created solely to cash in on that cartoon. Miraculously the game turned out great, but there could be no more commercial product than Ducktales.
    You could have kept going a bit. It's a remake of a game based on a cartoon based on a comic book series based on a spinoff character from another comic book series.

If anything maybe Disney will finally release the last volume of the show on DVD since they forgot about it years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Like just mentioned, Disney needs to take advantage of this opportunity themselves and finish DuckTales on DVD now that this is giving the franchise some attention. It was one release shy of completion with 75% of its 100 episodes out in three volumes. But Disney cancelled things like this back in 2008 leaving this series, TaleSpin, Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, and probably several others of their 1980's and early 90's tv cartoon series just shy of completion.

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Maniac View Post
    Sounds like she's in the game. If you watch the streaming video from earlier today where they fight Magica, it sounds like her voice. Kind of hard to hear through all the crowd noise though, but even the guys playing mention that it's still her doing the voice.
    That's good to know (And even better to hear from someone else that Alan Young is doing well and is involved with this project).

Nothing hurts something like this more than a replacement being used that doesn't sound correct. While it's possible to get a replacement that can do a convincing job with a unique voice, often it comes out sounding like a lot of Peanuts animation from the mid 1970's onwards where characters like Charlie Brown often just don't sound right.

I would think in instances where a compromise has to be made that the cartoon series would be a goldmine of voice bits that could be utilized in a pinch if Disney and the voice artists or their estates in a few unfortunate instances granted permission. Gyro was a frequent character on the cartoon for instance if they needed to go back and utilize some of those assets due to the voice artist passing away. But I imagine that Disney is pretty picky and protective so that might not be a possibility open to Capcom.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-23-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like just mentioned, Disney needs to take advantage of this opportunity themselves and finish DuckTales on DVD now that this is giving the franchise some attention. It was one release shy of completion with 75% of its 100 episodes out in three volumes. But Disney cancelled things like this back in 2008 leaving this series, TaleSpin, Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, and probably several others of their 1980's and early 90's tv cartoon series just shy of completion.
    Yeah, I don't know why they just stopped releasing new volumes for those shows when they were almost done. Warner Bros. did the same thing with Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs...although they finally put out new DVDs for them just recently (Animaniacs is now finished, and Tiny Toons still has a few episodes left). Another show that was put on hiatus for a long time, but was finally completed is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There's at least some hope. I'm pretty sure I saw on TVShowsOnDVD.com or the HomeTheaterForum within the past 6 months that one of these stalled Disney cartoon series from that era was scheduled for another release. Wasn't a title that interested me though. But if they ever finish DuckTales, TaleSpin, and Rescue Rangers, I'd be in for all three.

The real crime though was the end of the Disney Treasures lineup right around the same time. But at least I have what they did put out along with their classic animated feature films, virtually all of their live action productions from the 50's through the 70's before they started sucking in the 80's with stuff like Tron (Although the transfers for many were unrestored and often were pan & scan for the widescreen films), and most of DuckTales/TaleSpin/Rescue Rangers. Not to mention some miscellaneous releases that weren't part of larger release programs.

Edit: According to Wikipeda, nothing came of it. But the second half of season 2 for the Gargoyles and season 3 were on a tentative schedule last summer giving some hope that several of these other releases continue to be under consideration.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topi...s#entry3833308
    Last edited by Leo_A; 03-23-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Nice, I'll definitely be getting it once it's out. I was hoping to hear some of the remixed themes, particularly so since all the streamed gameplay was of my favorite level. The inclusion of the original voice actors is a lovely addition, I noticed it before it was said ("Is....is that actually Magica's voice? Holy shit, it is.").

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Good thing wayforward is using sprites for characters in this ducktales remake.Unlike,what they did with dd neon but i did enjoy the game.Any ways with both dungeons and dragons coming and now this update to ducktales,i can safely say shut-up and take my $$$$!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I wonder who else is really old at this point or gone that did voicework for the cartoon. I know Hal Smith that voiced Gyro Gearloose has passed away (Better known as Otis Campbell on The Andy Griffith Show).
    Dude. Mind BLOWN. I watched both shows regularly and never picked up on that.

Trailer looks great, though I do admit the levels themselves look rather sparse. I'd be willing to bet the footage is from an early build; the first screens of the Adventure Time game had some pretty bland backgrounds, but the final game is pretty detailed.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Nice, I'll definitely be getting it once it's out. I was hoping to hear some of the remixed themes, particularly so since all the streamed gameplay was of my favorite level. The inclusion of the original voice actors is a lovely addition, I noticed it before it was said ("Is....is that actually Magica's voice? Holy shit, it is.").
    The updates theme for the castle sounded great. I can't wait to hear the moon theme, that may be my favorite song in all of video gaming.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Capcom is taking the stage now at Mad Katz booth at PAX East. Maybe theyll show off some Duck Tales stuff?

http://www.twitch.tv/MadCatz

Earlier they had Street Fighter 4 going on, and some dude wore a Shredder get up and fought Daigo, he was perfected twice by The Beast.

UPDATE: Yes theyll be doing a demo of Duck Tales last within the hour.

The Dragons Dogma expansion pack looks good, great graphics and good game play. This D&D game is basically just like the old 90's beatem ups, but with a little more meat to it as they say. It looks like any beatemup, not doing anything for me.

Duck Tales is up!
    Last edited by SOL BADGUY; 03-23-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    how good this looked, I'll probably get it once it gets a sale for around $5 in the future.
    I love how "hardcore" gamers support developers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    I love how "hardcore" gamers support developers.
    $15 downloads are a bit out of my comfort zone so I don't blame him. I'm still waiting on a Rare XBLA compilation disc for instance just because I really don't want to pay $15 each for their Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, and Perfect Dark HD ports.

I'm much more willing to pay for a download when it's $5 or less. Anything more than $10 and I think long and hard about paying for a download.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The game looked awesome, and if youre dying for a 2D platformer on a new system with a major release backing it, this is definitely the game to get. I really liked it a lot, and Ill get it on which ever system I buy next.