I dont colect PC games, but my PC games do colect dust. The biggest differences to me between PC games and console games isnt so simple as a difference in age between the old system and the new.

1.If I get a NES game, I know it will work on my NES system no matter what moddle I have. If I have a toaster, it will work. If I have a top loader, it will work.

With PC, even if I have dos on my comp, that still is no promise it will work. Sometimes you need something from the manuel like a key or such to be able to install it. And that doesnt mean that your system meets the requirments.

2.much like the first, when I buy a new system, every game released for it untill stoped, will play on it. Its very different from the PC market where as the above states, there can be conflicts in hardware, software, and such.

3.Documentation/boxs. These things are simply so easy to store and colect for console games. PC games generaly come in large bulky boxs that take up more space then needed, have large/small manuels that are generaly useless, and more often then not, dispite their limited release, never retain any value on the second hand market.

4.Control interface. I was raised with controlers. A mouse and keybord, no matter how long used, still feel like a forign object to me. This is a personal reason, but how many others feel the same?