Thread: Headed to London and Paris. What to buy??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Headed to London and Paris. What to buy??

<edit> Apparently the forum still doesn't like p.a.r.i.s...

Like the title says, I'm about to embark on an almost 2 week trip to London and Paris. I've already prepped the girlfriend that I want to do some video game shopping in both places (it'll make up for the shopping I'll have to do with her!! ). My question is what kinds of things should I keep an eye out for. I've never done much with imports, but I collect for any and all systems I can get my hands on. I'm thinking about a GP32 specifically, but it may be cheaper to get one off ebay and just pay shipping, not sure yet. Are there any good current gen games that are Europe exclusive? Does anybody know of any good sources of Japanese stuff over there? I'd love to expand my AES collection if I can as well as Wonderswan.

Help!!

98PaceCar

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

There is, sadly, very little in the way of import action in London. Hence most of us generally just mail order!

However if you still want to go shopping for games, then head around to the Oxford Street/Tottenham Court Road area at least. There's a CEX down Rathbone Place, GameFocus in Goodge Street, plus the usual suspects of HMV and Virgin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Mayhem! I've got a few stores in mind that I want to check out. The ones you listed plus one in Bournemouth. Can you recommend any UK exclusives? I'm hoping I can run across some stuff that's common there, but that I don't too often here. Mainly systems, but I guess that depends on how much room I have left in my luggage!

Actually, what I really want to find is some Amiga and CD32 stuff. Any suggestions on those?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

UK exclusives? There aren't many. Offhand I can only think of Doshin (Cube), Gregory Horror Show (PS2) and Kuru Kuru Kururin (GBA). There's probably more but my brain can't think offhand. Plenty of PS1 stuff for sure but that's not my field, it's more Kris' (as she kindly pointed out whilst I was typing this reply! :P ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For an idea of PS2 games that haven't been released over in the US, you might want to check out this thread.

Haven't been to that CEX off Tottenham Court Road for a few years - I'd heard the CEX chain had gone pretty downhill?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilman
    For an idea of PS2 games that haven't been released over in the US, you might want to check out this thread.

Haven't been to that CEX off Tottenham Court Road for a few years - I'd heard the CEX chain had gone pretty downhill?
    Thanks for the info! I did some online shopping today and found that the current exchange rate isn't too favorable for me to buy a lot, but I'll probably still pick up some things.