NHL '94 on Genny might be the best Hockey game of all time. Madden '93 on Genny is the best Football game of all time.
True. I haven't really enjoyed any football games since (though I haven't played many either, or ever for that matter). Back in those days the sports games seemed more like games and less like a yearly event for sports fans who happen to have game consoles. These days everyone seems to have at least a PS2 or XBOX or something, and the more mass market things become, the more sports games seem to suffer. After the mid 90's or so all the EA sports games seemed to lose something. Not sure what it was. By the time everything was on PSX sports games seemed like a sad excuse for EA to print money.

It saddens me that a company that was a boon the the Genny (not to mention the 3DO became the scourge the sports game genre.

The lack of competition, combined with what I perceive as low standards (The VConcepts/Sega 2K games were much, much better and not nearly enough consumers noticed), will only push down quality as EA's reign of terror continues.

How the mighty have fallen.... Sad....

Of course if ya like todays EA stuff feel free to play it, but lord knows I ain't touching it.