I forgot to tell you guys something: Neither 32X nor Sega CD will work with Majesco Genesis 2 units. Yes, I said 2. I bought a 2nd gen.2 when they were $20 at Wal Mart (a few years back), and tried to hook it up to the rest of my "rig". It didn't work at all, though it would work by itself. I thought it was odd (since my other Gen 2. worked with all components, and then I started looking all over the box. I noticed that it (a late model Gen. 2) was manufactured and licensed by Majesco. This was around the same time that Frogger appeared in stores (for SNES and Gen.), as well as other Majesco re-releases.
I think I actually opened the instruction manual to find out that it indeed would not work with Sega CD or 32X. Odd. Anyway, I remember noticing that the edge connector (which would attach to the Sega CD) seemed almost like it had a dark epoxy coating over it, as opposed to the green PCB/copper contacts look of all other Genesis edge connectors.

To make a long story short...if you can't get 32X or Sega CD to work with your Genesis 2, then check the manufacture date and the look of the edge connector. It's a good bet that it's a Majesco release. And it goes without asaying that the Genesis 3 works with neither as well, if for no other reason tan physical incompatibility (it's more, but that's just the start).