The wife went to be early today, so I didn't get a chance to check out the settings. But because I am so filled with love and the spirit of giving for y'all, I have done something I am loathe to do . . . I've dusted off the manual and READ it. Here's the deal.

All right, it sounds like you have to go into the DVD options, not the normal system options. To do this press "select" button to bring up the control panel. I don't recall what you press on the remote, but I assume there's a control panel button on there somewhere (god knows there are enough buttons on it, it's bound to be one of them.)

From the control panel select the "setup" option. This is represented by a silly little icon that looks like a suitcase with a line and two dots on it.

----

OK, don't say I never did anything for ya (even tho this isnt' much) I just went and woke up my wife to check out the menu sytem. It makes more sense now.

First off, Lord007 is quite right. In order to bring the setup menu up, you must have a DVD in the system. Press "select" on a controller or "display" on the official PS2 remote.

The setup option is in the second row, third icon from the right. This brings up four more icons. Select the 4th one, "audio setup."

Once selected, you'll have a series options you can set. You want the bottom most option, "DVD Volume." Default selection is "Standard." Change that to "2+".

There ya go, now you can actually HEAR those DVDs you've been playing on yer PS2.

For crappy Sony directions, checkout page 17 and 20 of your owners manual. (No serisouly, I really do like my PS2, I just can't stand the system's interface.)