Thread: DC packages?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DC packages?

I'm a happy PS2 owner. For whatever reason, it gets lots of crap here. I've had many consoles and it is the best in my opinion. Anyways, the other system that I've really enjoyed was the Dreamcast. It's a shame about it's demise. I had one and Ebayed it with my small collection of games last year. Well I miss the damn thing and would like to buy another one. I know I can get one for 20 bucks at EB or Ebay but I was hoping to find a ready done package with games, controllers, etc for cheap . Any links/suggestions would be apprecated.

Roger

PS: I'm into sports, action, fighting games.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Well I think that the best way to find something like that is to keep an eye out on eBay. It sounds like you want to buy someone elses Dreamcast set-up much like the one you got rid of. I would just type "Dreamcast" into eBay's search engine and keep looking for auctions that are about to end that haven't recieved much attention and are going for cheap. You could also post here in the "Buying and Selling" forum that you are looking for a DC with some included games. Lots of people here have extra DC's and probably some extra games and I'm sure that they would be more than happy to sell you one for a fair price. If you are planning on continuing to post here, you should also head over to the "Introduce yourself" forum and do exactly that. Welcome!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Happy PS2 owner here too, I don't think PS2 gets trashed on here as much as you think, actually I believe most people here own PS2's or at least one of the new gen systems. Every once in a while, well, once or twice a week we get a "Sony sucks" topic or a "new games arent as good as old games" topic but remember, that's just usually isolated opinions.

The Dreamcast is an excellent system, and it still is a shame it went down so fast, I loved it. As for your question, I'm a big cheapass shopper so I know where to get the good deals, and Dreamcast bundle deals are really hard to find.

My first suggestion is hit your local pawn shops, flea markets, thrift stores, yard sales, etc etc for either a Dreamcast system and games or some other games cheap you can trade, sell or use as EB/GS trade in credit toward a system and games. Just be sure they will get credit greater than what you pay, don't want to stick you with items that waste your money.

Now, if that doesn't work, you can check out our Buying/Selling forum. Post a topic about needing one over there or either keep checking what others post. I bet someone on here has an extra one for sale. Also steadily check out www.cheapassgamer.com for deals, your best bet would be there Cheap Ass Trading forum, where you can probably find someone willing to dump a system in a "I NEED XBOX" frenzy.

Last, and least, eBay. I recommend you STAY FAR AWAY from eBay because you will pay top dollar if not more. But if it's your last resort then I suppose you have to.

If you need any more help, drop me a PM, I'll do what I can.

Good Luck! And welcome to the boards! Be sure to post in the introductory thread. And get a cool avatar.