Thread: Who else is playing RE Outbreak?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who else is playing RE Outbreak?

I just picked it up and wnat to find a group of people to play with that are going to steal all the weapons and leave me for dead (bastards!).

My online name is Brandver3, if anyone has it and wants to do a search to see if I am playing.
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Did they fix it so you can actually choose your server? I have it, but after spending an hour... TWICE ... to find my friend Brian, we just kinda gave up for a while. We'll be game if you're on DVD-ROM and can also stomach the loading times.

If possible, it'd be best to play on Teamspeak or Roger Wilco if your PC is near your PS2 (ours is). Sub in the much needed voice chat. Right now, we do cell phone to cell phone, but for 3 people, that isn't an option.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was real excited about getting this game, but then I found out that there was no voice chat and was totally turned off. I think Capcom says they didn't want it because it ruined the atmosphere of the game but that sounds like a lame excuse to me. Voice chat is essential for a game like this so you can plan your strategy with other players. Playing without it is like playing SOCOM or Rainbow 6 without chat...pointless.

And reading that post portnoyd made about not being able to find friends in the game pisses me off even more. When is Sony going to get their act together with online games? They really need to take a good look at Xbox Live to see how it's done right.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Can you play it offline at all?

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of the Felines
    Can you play it offline at all?
    Yes, there's a single player mode, completely separate (but still the same game). I'm not going to bother, so I can discover the game itself only in multi.

And nork, it's bad. Capcom 'didn't anticipate the player volume', so they added to the ONE SERVER they had without adding a matching service for the servers.

If you want to play with friends, wait to hear that the server matching service has been implemented, if it all. Brandver, I wouldn't try DP multiplay until it's in.

And if another distractor for nork, you can only play with half the people on at a time. Capcom added HDD support (good) for no loading times, but it won't let non-HDD players play with HDD players (bad), as the HDD people will be done with the game by the time DVD-ROM people finish the first scenario.

And believe it or not, there are a LOT of HDD users. It's crap, because I'm not going to pay $100 for a HDD with a game I would have paid $40 for, months ago when it came to the PC, had I wanted to play it to begin with.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good game.... terrible load times, server problems, lack of any semi-balance of a story line, lack of voice communication.

That said... I still love it.
    I'm up for a nice game of DP: Outbreak if the server problems are ever fixed. (like they claim it should be any day)

I want to see a persistant massively multiplayer online resident evil game. That would be insane.....

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An ongoing RE would be cool, but not at all feesable. What would you do? Try to escape from Racoon city forever? Try to live in Racoon City while it's infested?

I would be a fun game, but try as I may, I can't seem to rap my brain around a way to make a zombie killing story that doesn't end.

I have to admit, I am slightly iritated by the no vocie chat. But I do agree that having people yelling in your ear could ruin the experience.

It is alot more intense when your yelling "come here" and the other person just has to trust you (tho sometimes they don't (I really wanted that shotgun )).

As far as I can tell, the only way to unlock collection stuff is by playing the single player game. Cause I get no credit for beating the senerio online in my collection data. And some of the coustumes are way cool.
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If there was infact a MMORPG Resident Evil, I would make a team of 5 Hunters, yes the actual hunter monsters, and just hunt everyone down.

Including Tofu! That bastard! ^_^

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D
    If there was infact a MMORPG Resident Evil, I would make a team of 5 Hunters, yes the actual hunter monsters, and just hunt everyone down.
    You played Ultima Online in some of its more l33t days, right?
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, I'm not a MMORPG kinda guy - I'm strictly a console gamer.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I picked up RE yesterday, once everything is set up, I'll be up for some gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I tried to log on, but my school servers are so wacky, that they wouldn't connect. I played a bit of it offline, it was kind of Zombie's Revenge-ish, which is good.

I was just hoping that I could dip my bullets in T-Virus and infect my teammates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brandver3
    An ongoing RE would be cool, but not at all feesable. What would you do? Try to escape from Racoon city forever? Try to live in Racoon City while it's infested?

I would be a fun game, but try as I may, I can't seem to rap my brain around a way to make a zombie killing story that doesn't end.
    Very true... the concept would have to be modified somewhat. How about the majority of the world has been infected. And it's a type of post apoctolictic world where zombies run free and there are small fractions of humanity left.

You could start out as a city survivor... maybe you raided a few gun shops and are wholed up in some building that you have manged to make secure. Or maybe your one of the few surviors of the military... a chyane mountain type complex would surely surrive a zombie outbreak. Maybe all you do is try to survive, or try to go out, capture supplies and bring survivors into your fold.
    Maybe you try to capture more ground around your base, in attempt to ensure if the big attack ever comes you have more room to fall back.

Maybe theres even another class of people, outlaws. Esentially the same as city survivors except you go out and try to steal weapons from the weaker people, loot what left of the cities, kill some zombies and go back home to your conquered riches.

Thats more or less of the top of my head. The concept *COULD* work.
    Although no doubt it's a project that would be a massive undertaking.

I'd still love to see it. Even a non-resident evil game that just uses the zombie rules the earth concept in a massively multiplayer game could be amazing.

Only problem is its a huge undertaking and if not done percisely right... it would suck terribly.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it may be one or two more counsol generations before tat was feesable. But its still a very cool idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

Wouldn't that then make it sorta like the Fallout series, minus the MMORPG part?
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS