Thread: What Game/s are You Playing? Daily / Whenever Check :) (GAMEPLAY)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I beat Super Hydorah for Vita last night, and hoo boy, was that a hard-fought victory. I cleared the boss rush not long after my last post, and the final stage wasn't horrible, but it's comparable in length to Galactic Inferno and thus took a fair bit of practice before I could get through it all. And go figure that the same walkthrough writer who made out Path of Scylla as a total nightmare described the final boss, Hydorah, as trivial, even though I lost to him a good number of times. I definitely wouldn't say he's the hardest boss in the game, though. Anyway, I earned the good ending, as I cleared every single stage, and it took me nearly 100 continues to accomplish that. x_x The idea of earning the hero ending, which requires a 1CC, gets a big old from me. I feel relieved just beating the game at all. I spent much of the game, certainly from the Galactic Inferno onward, feeling like I bit off more than I could chew with this game. My middling shmup skill level was pushed to its absolute limits here. I can't even remember the last game to challenge me to this degree, though I'm sure I could've had a somewhat easier time with it if I had been able to play at times of day when I'm not beat. I'm gonna need something mindlessly easy I can plow through to give myself a break in the near future, haha. Until then, I might replay some of the earlier stages in Super Hydorah and see if I can pick off some trophies for the secrets. I only ever found a few, and I didn't even realize until well into the game that most secrets are invisible and require you to just fly over a specific spot. And that you're clued in on the secrets with a chime when you're close. But I'm obviously not going for the platinum here, since there's a trophy for the hero ending, among other tasks that are likely faaaaaar beyond my abilities.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 02-24-2024 at 01:47 PM.