Thread: Sort of suprised at the lack of interest in the Analogue Duo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I wasn't aware of this, so that's pretty good. Though it doesn't actually have straight composite outputs and appears to need an additional adapter to accomplish that type of hookup. I know RGB is better quality, but plenty of visual effects were made to take advantage of limited composite output.

I would also prefer original consoles too, I'm only concerned about long term reliability as the disc drives and lasers can/will all fail eventually with replacement parts getting difficult to acquire. Plus the general failing capacitors with this console specifically. In the past I've pretty much insisted on original hardware with a die hard collector mentality so it's rare for me to consider any aftermarket console worthy of purchase. This just seems infinitely better quality than something like the Retron 5. Personally I have an original console so I wouldn't need this, assuming my console is still working as it's been years since I've actually hooked it up.

It's also great to have CRTs with HDMI inputs, but those are pretty rare to find if looking to purchase. Maybe I'll come across one locally someday.
    Any console by analogue are not sold at retail.Unless you find it secondhand but by then sellers will charge double for it.Recently since they discontinue the super nt and mega sg used they go for allot.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Any console by analogue are not sold at retail.Unless you find it secondhand but by then sellers will charge double for it.Recently since they discontinue the super nt and mega sg used they go for allot.
    I mostly meant finding a CRT with HDMI inputs locally. Though I probably wouldn't buy any analogue consoles unless I randomly came across them locally either, I mostly just don't need them that badly. I'm assuming they ship from the US so there would also be duty added to the already expensive costs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I mostly meant finding a CRT with HDMI inputs locally. Though I probably wouldn't buy any analogue consoles unless I randomly came across them locally either, I mostly just don't need them that badly. I'm assuming they ship from the US so there would also be duty added to the already expensive costs.
    Yeah there shipping is expensive since the bank they use is in china ouch ! Far as CRT goes i wish i had the chance to buy a PVM before they become valuable to retro gamers.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 06-15-2023 at 06:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Just find a Sony Hi-Scan. They do everything a PVM does and more. Most people are just trying to give away those heavy beasts.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...398237961,cs:1
    Last edited by Gamevet; 06-15-2023 at 10:21 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I own a Mega-SG and an NT Mini Noir. I had planned on purchasing this, but decided against it. I love Analogue products, but the reality is that a Mister setup just does the same exact thing as every Analogue system, but in one package. If you're playing off roms or a flashcard, there is pretty much no reason to buy it. The only reason why I don't have Analogues SNES system, is that I had a console copier back in the day, so I have no real physical SNES collection. Hence, no need to own a system. Same with the Duo.

The Mister is really the way to go unless you own a lot of physical carts, and truly desire playing off them.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i would like to buy it after i get my Super NT.

i still havent got my super NT, also Q2 ends really soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

MLIG review of the analogue duo.