Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
That whole 3D thing was such industry hyped boondoggle. 2010 marked the beginning of 3D TV's, Blu-rays and of course Nintendo's 3DS. By 2013 3D TV's and Blu-ray's were pretty much over with no provision for implementing 3D on 4K Blu-ray Discs. Epic failure!

2013 also marked Nintendo's introduction of the 2DS with a lack of 3D support and an unspoken admission by Nintendo that the 3D concept was a gimmick. Gee, who saw that coming? I dunno, maybe Sega, say 30 years ago.

The 3DS and it's library are part of my hurricane preparedness kit. Because the only way I would play the thing is if a lack of electricity prevents me from playing games on a large screen. So I can't comment yet on whether 3DS or even DS games are good, bad or otherwise. The best thing I can appreciate about the 3DS/2DS line was the plethora of Limited Edition consoles they received. I love owning/displaying Limited Edition consoles and have the Retro NES Edition, Green Yoshi Edition, Super Mario Bros. 2 Edition, Hyrule Edition, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Limited Edition, Samus Edition, Super NES Edition, Hylian Shield Edition, Pikachu Edition, Poke Ball Edition, and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Link Edition on my shelves.
Which is really disappointing.

Aside from the 3D which I absolutely love on both 3DS and VR, one really cool thing that the 3D could actually be used for is couch co op. Unless you have kids or a family that play together, couch co op isn't such a big deal now days, infact it's pretty disasppointing if a game only includes local co op these days. However, one really cool thing about 3DTVs for local co op games is that if you are playing a split screen game and you turn the 3D effect on, if you have modified 3D glasses one with two left and one with two right, both player 1 and player 2 can view their part of the screen as if their TV had one full image. Each player would be seeing their own screen. The only bad thing about this method is that you can no longer complain about other people looking at your screen and just have to admit you suck at FPS games.