Quote Originally Posted by Mikatu View Post
I am looking at picking an authentic Neo Geo 2 slot machine this weekend. I am told the cost is $1700. I did look at it and it is in perfect working order with a very solid case. Nothing has been restored as not much needs to be anyway. Has some wear, but it also comes with 18 MVS carts. Would this be a decent price? The monitor has no burn in either and the machine internally is very clean. Externally it could use a bit of "touch up", but again not too bad at all. Looking on eBay I could sell 16 out of the 18 games and come out with close to a grand for those, but again they are really only worth what someone would pay for them anyway.
Depends on what 18 carts they are, but $1700 sounds super high. I bought my one slot on craigslist for $150 with Metal Slug and a 25" monitor. One of my friends bought his 4 slot with 5 carts that included Windjammers for $200. Nothing about the hardware on a 2 slot is uncommon, so at that price it ought to come with some of the harder to get, legitimate carts, like Twinkle Star Sprites, Super Dodgeball, Neo Bomberman, etc.