Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalKarma View Post
    wow $300 for a copy of Daytona usa for the Sega Saturn when it only cost less than $3..lmao

Is someone actually stupid enough to buy it?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games-...nesales&_sac=1
    I was about to say it's probably the rare variant. But nope, the person is just a moron. Star Fox loose for $520 (hey, he's a generous guy who knocked $130 off his normal price) :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    I was about to say it's probably the rare variant. But nope, the person is just a moron. Star Fox loose for $520 (hey, he's a generous guy who knocked $130 off his normal price) :P
    Heh, I was thinking the same thing. I'd spend $300 on a Daytona Netlink in a heartbeat at this point.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

This is part of the reason I mainly only collect games I've actually completed before or really really liked when they didn't have definite endings. Shaving off thousands of games from my want list makes spending the money I have to to get what I want later on down the road a bit less scary. I want games I collect to mean something to me, not just take up some space. Generally if I beat something once, I will want to play it again. There's never been a time where that hasn't been true.

I'm starting to miss some of the systems I had for a long time but sold and I enjoyed plenty of arcade type games on pre-NES systems to make me want to buy them again too. I just got an Atari 2600 again, and I'm missing a lot of common games I could probably find for $2 or $3 each somewhere.

Looking at my completion list from last year and this year so far, I think it's going to take a lot of time and money to even get caught up with my current want list. I mean that's up to 132 games and I don't have all that many yet and only few are CIB yet. I collect a loose copy and a CIB copy.

There are some games though that just cost way too much loose (Bucky O 'Hare for NES is a good example) where I might just want to buy the more expensive CIB copy and just call it a day on that title. I'm sure it'll be a nightmare when I finally get around to playing through Dragon Warrior III and Dragon Warrior IV. Of course if I play my cards right I'll have enough money saved by then to not flinch at its probably insane price.
    Last edited by Rickstilwell1; 05-08-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I Myself will try to do a little experiment............mainly to see if the shillbidding issue on NES games is true or not

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, what i did is that i founded a Shatterhand in bad condition that was going at 3 USD but i tought it wasnt the real price, i suspected it would been something higher, but i keep pushing the bid us more button (i bid 5 USD at first), and i have it at 8.59 USD.

But then LITERALLY at the last 5 seconds bam!

Now i am not sure how bad it gets for most people and heck, not even sure if this is even shillbidding, since it was only 5 USD difference, but i wanted to share it with you guys, i mean the cart itself didnt even had the top label (and the description claimed it was "Just a little Rough") and..........truth be told, this was just a test to see if it's really difficult to get american NES games from US sellers there, because of the shillbidders and the hipsters, i already own the game in MUCH BETTER CONDITION, and i bought it for dirt cheap in 2011 at a flea market, i planned to gave it as a gift to a friend, but send him a better label that i could scan myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gatucaman, there are a lot of people who don't bid on items until the last 5 seconds. Many don't even manually bid, they use bid sniping services which will automatically place your max bid with however many seconds you want left. I use them all the time on low profile stuff so I don't tip my hand early. It's kind of a waste on heavily watched items though in my opinion.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

My mom uses a sniping bot.

Let that sink in, the woman's like 63. Lets just assume everyone's using them now.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Gatucaman View Post
    Now i am not sure how bad it gets for most people and heck, not even sure if this is even shillbidding, since it was only 5 USD difference, but i wanted to share it with you guys, i mean the cart itself didnt even had the top label (and the description claimed it was "Just a little Rough") and..........truth be told, this was just a test to see if it's really difficult to get american NES games from US sellers there, because of the shillbidders and the hipsters, i already own the game in MUCH BETTER CONDITION, and i bought it for dirt cheap in 2011 at a flea market, i planned to gave it as a gift to a friend, but send him a better label that i could scan myself.
    That shatterhand is pretty beat but it sold for less than all the other complete copies on ebay, it seems that shatterhand now goes for 20-30$. Considering its a really good game its not outrageous that someone would pay about 16 bucks for a beat copy to play. It was a sleeper game for a long time and im not surprised it jumped in value.

I was recently outbid by someone with a sniper bot. I was so pissed. I had the 'one click bid' window open and everything. I got outbid at the last microsecond.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 05-15-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im one of those people who bid in the last 5 seconds. Its a waste to do it beforehand with lot of time left in the auction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I got Bonk's Adventure on the NES here for $38

Now look at it, $300

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah that one got out of control fast.

About 5 years ago I paid $50 via craigslist for a 13 game lot with a NES and 4 controllers, one of those pleather game carriers with Nintendo's logo, some manuals and wires and it was in there. Sold all but like 3 of the games, a couple controllers and the case. In time I then as a favor sold the cart for $75 (retailed $100 then) to a NA member that was a friend/local to me thinking I'd be getting a TG16 shortly(oops, it just shot up to 100s in value and Bonk got ugly too.) Eventually I found one when it was doing 350 on ebay for 300 on NA shipped but that 300 was nothing out of pocket it was profit from other stuff.

I have no idea what I have into it. Was in $50, sold the system, most the games for like over a $100, then bonk for $75, then got back Bonk later. Maybe I'm a $100 into it? :P It's a really fun game that gets a bad wrap for having some lesser than TG16 visuals and some shortcut stages but it's fun fun fun.

Sad story is, you can buy the famicom version for like $20 I think. Hell even $500 Little Samson as Lickle you can get for $80-90.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few years I saw it for 90 and I thought that was insane. Whatever, emulation is the way to go in glorious HD

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh Fuck My Life, Seems that the Famicom Cart version of Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa is uncommon..............and the only guy who has one for sale is Non Japanese.............yeah..............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bio-Miracle-...item19ecb2c59e

Even the Fricking Crappy Family bootleg carts are overpriced!, just because they have a pretty faulty Adapter, with the less expensive being 95 USD.

And then there's this cretin.....

115 USD starting bid...................0 bids, or you can pay 150 USD if you wanna NAOOOUUU!!!!!, all for a bootleg.........

The site is mostly shit, and you have to dig for the gems, but pray that the sniper shillbidders don't ruin your dreams. (some douche got a the last 2 seconds and won me my Rockman 5 i was trying to get under 12 USD, so out of desperation, i say fuck it and found one at 14 USD, and had to pay in total 10 USD for shipping to mexico, but the other guy asked for 7 bucks without Tracking unless i either payed 6 bucks more just to make sure it came safe here in this coutry , but i guess i will still end paying up 24 Bucks for that game at the end (i pay more for shipping, but again, i am no american :P)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Didn't that game being Baby Mario anything get dis proven as a translation error or some crap years ago?