I'm an avid nes sealed collector and I don't broadcast much about it. I'm a "behind the scenes" type of person.

My personal collection is very important to me. I saw someone mention "degradation" on cardboard boxes. Is there an article on this anywhere? Any facts behind what is being said? I own a few titles that are over 25 years old and look like they came straight off the factory floor. To me, logically, at this rate of "degradation," it would take 100's of years before its "degraded?" So is this even a valid argument? I heard someone mention something about toys and how they are being "degraded?" Where you refering to the glue that holds the plastic to the cardboard box? Wouldn't that mean the glue is more of the factor and not the actual plastic? It would seem we are comparing apples to oranges since nes sealed games are not sealed in the same manner.

My collecting involves finding a nice example, sending it to VGA for cleaning, having VGA case it in 100% UV archival acrylic, and detailed grading with which I place the papers in UV archival plastic holders. I would think that this type of handling would keep the pieces in top shape for decades?