Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
It's interesting, I went back to the CD-i thread with Zelda's Adventure and I estimated over $100 based on an actual previous Ebay sale while you thought the estimate of $300-$500 was more accurate since the retail version always sells for over $300 despite the fact that you had nothing to back that up.
swlovinist estimated $300-$500, and at no point did I respond to it in any way. Please show me where I believed it to be "more accurate?"

Also, I never said they always sell for $300, I said they sell upwards of $300. As in, there are past sales in excess of $300. Please show me where I even infer that it always sells for more than $300

So, what happened?
Glad you asked! In the thread, You responded with the outcome, and I did as well. For those playing at home, here is the exact quotes:

Looks like the red disc Zelda's Adventure went for $200. Not bad, but not crazy either.
Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
Yeah, I wasn't going to get greedy with it, and the buyer is a huge Zelda collector. I'm sure I could have gotten more with a counter offer, but I'm happy with the results

GRRRRR!!! What an evil reseller! I settled for a lower amount than what I had hoped (not expected) because I didn't want to be greedy and was happy to help out a Zelda collector. What a terrible way to go about transactions!

Is it possible you were just flat out wrong about the value and were using the same fuzzy logic that results in estimates of $27K for a NWC Gold when the highest previous sale was $17K?
What do others' estimates of the NWC have anything to do with actual sales transactions that I have completed? I never estimated the value of this (or any) NWC, so what are you even talking about? I linked to two of the only price checks we've done in the last 2 years (collectively), both of which you posted in, one of which you estimated 100% below the final sales price, the other of which you estimated approximately 100% lower than the final sales price. Those are objective, anyone can just click and read.

On the Vectrex imager, you were positive yours would sell for as much or more than the one that sold the week before on Ebay. As we both know, it clearly didn't.
At no point did we EVER mention that we were "positive (y)ours would sell for as much or more than the one that sold the week before", we never even mentioned a comparison. I posted a completed auction for other members to look at so if they were looking to sell their own in a similar condition, they would have a recent benchmark instead of lowball (as evidence by the most recent sales) speculation. You tried to call the feedback of that sale into question, clearly to save face over your absurdly low estimate, then I followed with another sale (this time of my own) that was roughly twice your estimate.

So again, do you really have a solid handle on pricing when your two major recent public sales have fallen well below your estimates?
In neither thread do Matt and I make a single estimate. Seriously, copy a quote where we estimate the value of either. Your estimates, however, were 100% lower than the actual sales price, and over 100% on the low end, just under 100% lower on the high, for both estimates you made.

You mad?