Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Thanks for posting those videos. Doesn't tell us anything, but its nice to see more of what we do already know.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0) nickerous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's an different take on the system:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/15/r...port-hands-on/

Doesn't paint it in a great light...although the snes portion is what I'm most interested in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

The point about NES games having visible intermittent scan-lines on an LCD makes me pause. How the hell can you have scanlines on an LCD? What are they even talking about?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Old_Skool_Fool's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read that article, and not sure where that opinion really lies. Scanlines?? I didn't see any scan lines. Not to mention the system feels weighted and solid. The controllers are really the ones that feel lighter.

Anyways, here is the pre-review of the Retrogen Adapter

Also, we've just received the Retrogen Adapters with the AV cable for sale and are available now. They actually came earlier than expected, so anyone who wants one can order one now.

I'm really impressed with this little thing. I'll be doing a more in-depth review shortly on the compatibility/performance.

Though keep in mind, I do have limited access to the games so I suggest picking one up since they are fairly cheap and testing it out for yourself.
    http://www.DasReviews.com
    Game News & Reviews On Just About Anything!
    Please Support our Sponsors at:
    http://www.DasCheap.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They called the Supa Boy "Supra Boy' multiple times and claim that the NES adapter can be used in any SFC/SNES console or clone
    I get the impression that they really don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Old Skool Fool, when do you expect to have the self contained NES pin adapters in stock? I'm more interested in the NES adapter that will work on a real SNES than I am the Genesis adapter.

Thanks for posting that CES interview, and while I'm mostly with you, when you say things like

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Skool_Fool View Post
    keep in mind, I do have limited access to the games so I suggest picking one up since they are fairly cheap and testing it out for yourself.
    It makes those of us leery of compatibility in clones to begin with not trust anything you say. As much as I'd like to have faith in you as something other than a PR guy, its hard to take a statement like that as anything other than a ham-fisted marketing speech.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    They called the Supa Boy "Supra Boy' multiple times and claim that the NES adapter can be used in any SFC/SNES console or clone
    I get the impression that they really don't know what the hell they're talking about.
    This urked me too. It's like oldschoolfool was deliberately misnaming the Supaboy as to insult it by saying "oh that thing sucks so much I'm not even going to bother to call it by its real name".

On the second point, You're obviously confused. There will be TWO NES adapters made by RetroBit. One will come with the RDP, one will not. The one that will come with the RDP is a simple pin adapter that does not have AV output directly and does not contain a NOAC. This version is exclusively for the RDP with its on-board NOAC.

On the other hand, the other NES adapter WILL have a NOAC and AV ports and work with all original hardware. It is currently unknown if this NOAC will be any different from the one found in the RPD, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say not.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

I'm buying this adapter now! Thanks!
    Last edited by buzz_n64; 01-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    On the second point, You're obviously confused. There will be TWO NES adapters made by RetroBit. One will come with the RDP, one will not. The one that will come with the RDP is a simple pin adapter that does not have AV output directly and does not contain a NOAC. This version is exclusively for the RDP with its on-board NOAC.
    I'm not the one who's confused. That's actually what the article claims, which as we both know is false.

NES games are shoehorned in by using an included RetoPort adapter, which lets any compatible console boot its predecessor's cartridges.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Old_Skool_Fool's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Old Skool Fool, when do you expect to have the self contained NES pin adapters in stock? I'm more interested in the NES adapter that will work on a real SNES than I am the Genesis adapter.

Thanks for posting that CES interview, and while I'm mostly with you, when you say things like

It makes those of us leery of compatibility in clones to begin with not trust anything you say. As much as I'd like to have faith in you as something other than a PR guy, its hard to take a statement like that as anything other than a ham-fisted marketing speech.

This urked me too. It's like oldschoolfool was deliberately misnaming the Supaboy as to insult it by saying "oh that thing sucks so much I'm not even going to bother to call it by its real name".

On the other hand, the other NES adapter WILL have a NOAC and AV ports and work with all original hardware. It is currently unknown if this NOAC will be any different from the one found in the RPD, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say not.

Stop picking on the accent guys. Old SKool Fool knows the name of the product, I knew it before it was even launched. I've been doing game journalism for 7+ years. If the ol' accent twists things up, then so be it..lol

On the other note, if we cover and review products it's only natural that we suggest the opportunity to purchase. It's how we are able to continue to produce these things.
    http://www.DasReviews.com
    Game News & Reviews On Just About Anything!
    Please Support our Sponsors at:
    http://www.DasCheap.com