Thread: The Supaboy - New SNES handheld from Hyperkin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, my EB cart works perfectly fine on my SupaBoy as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After seeing the pokefami DX in action I have to say to all users here, check it out instead. The screen warmth appeared more natural looking and the form and size of the system is pretty good. I might buy one myself eventually.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default in other news...

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    After seeing the pokefami DX in action I have to say to all users here, check it out instead. The screen warmth appeared more natural looking and the form and size of the system is pretty good. I might buy one myself eventually.
    I haven't heard anything from Hyperkin about the status of my Supaboy (I will email Lawrence...right now!), but my Pokefami DX finally shipped, after almost a week and a half after I placed the order (there was some confusion about whether I wanted the fami/md adapters right away, which I don't.) Looks like it's right on track to get here by the end of January.

Wonder which one will arrive first?

Insert Coin (Level 0) nickerous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where's the best place to buy a Pokefami DX?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ebay

Quote Originally Posted by nickerous View Post
    Where's the best place to buy a Pokefami DX?
    right now, ebay and Amazon are your only options; eBay is the cheapest list price at about $135 + shipping. Search my posts and you'll find a link to the current auction, which doesn't list them as pokefami dxes, but Super Famicoms.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just received my Supaboy from Stone Age Gamer, and the high pitch noise is godawful, which even plays through headphones... I also seem to get some weird lines on the screen playing Star Fox, yet Stunt Rally FX plays just dandy. The unit also doesn't play Mario RPG and Kirby Superstar (I'm 99.9% sure that these are 1st rev.) I'll have to check back up on Yoshi's Island for issues, but none so far. Mario RPG has the number 34 punched in the back label and KSS has a 40 stamped in the back. I bought this assuming I was right with the 1st software revisions on both...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coreykun667 View Post
    I just received my Supaboy from Stone Age Gamer, and the high pitch noise is godawful, which even plays through headphones... I also seem to get some weird lines on the screen playing Star Fox, yet Stunt Rally FX plays just dandy. The unit also doesn't play Mario RPG and Kirby Superstar (I'm 99.9% sure that these are 1st rev.) I'll have to check back up on Yoshi's Island for issues, but none so far. Mario RPG has the number 34 punched in the back label and KSS has a 40 stamped in the back. I bought this assuming I was right with the 1st software revisions on both...
    from what i recall, the stamps only mean what factory the games were assembled at, not which revision.

I recently received Kaboomer's copy of Super Mario RPG - one that works on a Supaboy. I don't have my Supaboy to test right now, but I can confirm from watching his video that it's the same cartridge. Having said that, when I opened up both copies of the game that I have, the insides are using the same PCB revision, though the chips look slightly different. I honestly don't know how to differentiate between a clone-compatible copy and a non-working copy. Sigh.