Quote Originally Posted by peter_gunz View Post
When you say feel and quality, what do you mean? I mean compare this to a typical arcade that I would have played in the early 90s. Is there that much of a difference? How crappy are the controls? From what I can see, it looks to be a decent replica of the original, but looks can be deceiving.

I'm not looking to use one for my console (I don't own a PS2), I'm trying to use one for my Macbook. I may have to go this route though, if it'll work. Thoughts?
It's kind of hard to describe, the joystick is much stiffer and clunkier than a Happ. You have to apply a little more strength to move it around. I think it has a stronger spring in it. The buttons are awful; they're convex rather than concave, and much bigger than Happs. (but the hole size is the same) the best way I can describe it is that it feels like I'm pressing down on plastic marshmallows.

It may be good enough for you anyway, you could get it and try it out before you order new parts. And I think the only other alternative you have is a Pelican "Tournament Ready" joystick, without getting into custom builds.
http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Access...9925278&sr=8-3