Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate Blizzard, any one hear of recent D3 info or still no word?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Warcraft III and the Frozen Throne are probably my favorite computer games of all time...
    Autobots. Roll out.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Holy shit, opinion invalidated. You are saying play DDO, a game that took 3 YEARS to release and reach the level cap that's in the pen and paper game, is doing a better job than WoW? While DDO isn't a bad game, they made major missteps before coming to the point they are now. I played when it launched and then 2 years later.

Now to WoW. I'll excise your complaints from your troll rants. You desperately need to stop calling everything "evil" because that makes you like a complete baby. Is any company to you a "good" company? And can you stop saying "crappiest", "BS", "POS" and "dumbest"? It makes you look like you are 14 years old.

The basic gist is every problem you have has an option around it or you're just exaggerating to make a point.

Pay to Play: You have a problem with paying a monthly subscription.

Your answer is to play DDO, RO, Atlantica Online and Air Rivals, all free to play games. However, all of these games are micropayment systems. They are not free - you want the full experience, you pay. Welcome to reality.

Poor mapping system, poor layouts: You have a problem with the design of the game in that regard.

Mods. Seriously, WoW took all your bitching, all your complaining and let other people fix it for you. Genius. Anything you could possibly want is fixed with a mod. Poor map? Get Cartographer? Can't read a quest description and need your hand held (which is what it sounds like)? Quest Helper. Blizzard made the best decision they could by giving out part of the game code so developers can fix and add to the game.

PvP: Someone doesn't like duel messages and PvP

Play on a PvE server. And if you played the game for more than a day, you'd realize that those who want to duel messages only pop up frequently in the starting areas where the true noobs make their eleventh level 11 toon. You tipped your hand by saying that, which shows you started playing, felt the need to "stick it to the man" and quit before coming close to experiencing the game.

Quests: You don't like the style of WoW quests.

Making a comparison to DDO is unfair. DDO was designed to give the tabletop experience without the tabletop. The narrator and instanced quest zones all give way to that. Otherwise, pretty much every other MMO has disposable quests. Fact of life, deal with it.

Basically, your argument is "BS" and you could be the "crappiest" "dumbest" troll to grace these boards in quite some time.

No I don't think ever company is evil, but if you don't think Square, and Sony/SOE are pure evil, you need to open your eyes + Blizzard is being nothing less then insanely greedy(and that's being generous).

Lol you fool, learn how to read, I actually like paying for a sub, infact even with the intro of the Free Valk server, I still pay my RO sub(didn't move to Valk),and I said my problem was companies making you not only buy the game/every expansion, but also need to pay a sub every month(the only reason"only" reason for a company to do that, is if they know themselves, that their game is subpar to begin with, therefor they force people to spend a ton of money upfront, so if people decide it sucks, the company would still be making more then enough money to pay the developement costs.

Actually have you played the new DDO, their microtransaction system is hands down the best implimentation of such a system, I have ever seen, It's amazing how perfectly they switched over to the new method(makes you wonder how far back have they been working out the details). Some of their prices are alittle high, but if you nociced, they kind've realized that, so each day a certain type of item goes on sale. Unless you are lv 18 or higher, you really don't need to buy anything from the shop, if you don't want, but some of the more fun/rewarding quests are there if you want to pick them up(all the items in the shop are like that, they are either convieniance items or additional quests/other such perm additions, that for the most part, you can live without(the only issue of any kind, is the conversion from money to points, It's not a big deal, but it makes no sense why they wouldn't adopt the traditional 1$=100 points conversion rate, but whatever lol).

We'll skip Air Rivals(as it doesn't help either one of our arguements on this sub debate, there's no payment method of any kind, and like I already said, I have nothing against paying to play anyway(since their shop sucks to such an extent, that the game can really be counted as free).

Atlantica Online, while for the most part all you need is a few merc rooms, due to the rare item offers(special mounts, and Wing boxes) kind of make it feel you need) to buy them, even more so since you have no idea when an Admin is gonna pull them from the store, and seeing how the boxes are randomized, they are well over priced(they should be only 5$ each, not the whopping 10$ they are), however Like I said, I have no problem paying for a game, infact I have spent a bunch on those boxes myself, unfortuneately with no rare draw, however I did pull a Armoured Rapter Mount from one, which needless to say is amazing(lol, and since I pulled it out while trying to get Wings, not even a Mount, It's actually worth a great deal more then any pair of wings even though It's not rare, as It's regarded as the best/most desireable non rare mount in the game). You see, if you aren't paying monthly, It's fairly easy to warrant spending money in the shop ever so ofter, however either subscription or microtransaction, as I said, I have no problem paying to play.

I played for a week(I was higher then lv 11 by around double, yet still getting duel requests every 10 min atleast), more then enough time to see the worst implimentation of a skill system, generic quests that need to be repeated/carbon copies of one another, really bad map designs, which I was surprised at how bad they were, especially since how amazing the diablo games were in that respect, a map system that is pretty damned useless(again surprised, since we all know Blizzard knows how to make a good mapping system), monsters that are dull(they might as well all have the same name, It's that bad), exc, exc, exc.

Granted most MMOs don't have "very" defined monsters, but I have never before seen a game, which It's as bad as it is in WoW.

Wow Style Quests, what style lol, there is no style, that's the problem(hm, kill this generic monster, to get it to drop Its generic crap, bring items to NPC, or talk to NPC at location X for whatever reason, oh yea, that's fun, especially when the map sysyem is completely useless, rinse,wash,repeat. yea yea there's technically other types of quest, but they just vary from these standard quest slightly in one way or another.

Actually I like PvP(infact I love WOE in RO and PvP in Diablo 2, among a bunch of other games. you know what all such games have in common? A assigned area where PvP takes place. Hell even if you're gonna allow players to basically fight anywhere, make it so a player has to sign up for PvP, the spam requests system does nothing but annoy the hell out of people who are in the middle of doing stuff).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    I second the service offered by Blizzard -- my Mac died recently and I got a netbook. Because of the battle.net service, I was able to enter my activation key and download Diablo II and its expansion onto my netbook without needing to install it first on another pc and transfer it with my USB stick.

Incidentally, D3 will probably come out in 2011 (this is just speculation though), since there's already a WoW expansion and Starcraft II that are supposed to come out this year.

I'm not into RTS and MMOs, but doesn't mean that Blizzard's output is outright crap. And I'd much rather see them go the "It'll come out when it's ready" route than have them rush the product out with major bugs.
    Yea that's all fine, and good, but after making a huge announcement, followed by around a dozen other huge announcements(which implies at the very least It's somewhere far along in its developement, as does offering demos of all things lol), you can't just basically stop all discussion about it, you need to update people on some kind of progress or we may as well just assume they canceled the project(It's not the first time a company did this short of thing in the industry, make a big announcement, yea It's coming along, bla, bla, bla, and then cancel out of nowhere).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    I played for a week(I was higher then lv 11 by around double, yet still getting duel requests every 10 min atleast), more then enough time to see the worst
    So you were no level higher than 20 and you're saying WoW sucks? That's ridiculous to say it sucks when you hadn't even gotten a damned mount.

At this point, you're just hating to hate. All your arguments single out WoW, when the same can be said about many other MMOs out there (quests, map system, PvP) and with that, WoW at least offers the player the modding community to circumvent potential grievances.

you can't just basically stop all discussion about it, you need to update people on some kind of progress or we may as well just assume they canceled the project(It's not the first time a company did this short of thing in the industry, make a big announcement, yea It's coming along, bla, bla, bla, and then cancel out of nowhere).
    Your perspective seems incredibly juvenile. You act like the companies owe you something when they release information or make an announcement, or when they don't.
    Last edited by portnoyd; 02-01-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So why is Blizzard insanely greedy again? Because they make you pay to use their servers and content? Oh noes! I think portnoyd hit all your other points, I'm still wondering about this one though.

Pretzel (Level 4) monkeychemist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea that's all fine, and good, but after making a huge announcement, followed by around a dozen other huge announcements(which implies at the very least It's somewhere far along in its developement, as does offering demos of all things lol), you can't just basically stop all discussion about it, you need to update people on some kind of progress or we may as well just assume they canceled the project(It's not the first time a company did this short of thing in the industry, make a big announcement, yea It's coming along, bla, bla, bla, and then cancel out of nowhere).
    stop being so needy, you're like a really bad girlfriend. Just sit tight, enjoy your life and when it comes out, it comes out proper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Blizzard is one of few company that actually support PC. Their game is based on quality and not some Duke Nukem forever BS. Sure they constantly delay their titles, but at the end everyone experience a complete product instead of half ass release buggy games that doesn't work.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScourDX View Post
    Blizzard is one of few company that actually support PC.
    And Mac, while we're at it. The fact that they've made all of their releases multiplatform is pretty impressive.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    And Mac, while we're at it. The fact that they've made all of their releases multiplatform is pretty impressive.
    +1 on this. If it wasn't for Bilzzard supporting Mac, I wouldn't have played a PC game in over 6 years.

Also Blizzard continues to patch Diablo II and support it, even though it came out somewhere around 10 years ago.

A troll thread if I've ever read one, complete with uninformed rants and weak accusations to support a loud argumentative (wrong) point of view. If you're not involved with the Tea Party Protests, you should really reconsider- you make an excellent curmudgeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blizzard is one of two developers I trust almost completely (the other being Bethesda). I'm just going to throw out a few random words here.

Warcraft
    Starcraft
    Diablo

Good thread though.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I hate Blizzard
    I hate Disgaea, but atleast I have a good reason. I've explained why many times. Little strategy, pure grind, no difference in character classes really(this is the short version.)

Anyways. The Diablo series and Warcraft series are really all I play from Blizzard. Both are great series. They also released a sort of action/puzzle game in a similar vein of Out of this World/Prince of Persia for the SNES called Blackthorne.

While I don't like World of Warcraft because I don't like MMO games, it's most likely a good game seeing as how many people seem to play the game religiously.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would much rather choose a better game over another rushed sequel. Blizzard wants to make this a quality title and they don't really care how long it will take. Patience.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

StarCraft is just the best RTS of all time. The only other RTS that ever came close in term of strategy is Company Of Heroes.

I follow pretty closely the competitive scene of StarCraft, specially in Korea... and trust me... that game is so deep, they keep coming up with new way of playing it even after 12 years. Go check any games from Jaedong, Bisu or Flash (the 3 top player these days), and be ready to be blown away. Some players have been clocked as high as 600 APM, this mean 600 action per minute. They know their stuff.. trust me.

I played every RTS since StarCraft, and most of them are ok but please... do not ever try to compare Command and Conquer and Starcraft =)

So yes... Blizzard is a GREAT company... they are good at what they do... Diablo is a almost a perfect game if you like that type of game (I do not personally).
    From the Alpha... to the Omega

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

This thread is kind of like Diablo actually. One man against a horde of enemies. Eh?

>>crickets chirping<<

I'm sure there's a more eloquent way to phrase it though.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Remember how it was before WoW, when Blizzard could do no wrong in the eyes of critics? Now they can do no right. The only thing this proves is that even a game company with the most sterling reputation is not safe from the MMO curse.

You're probably too young to remember this OP, but the public face of D2's development progressed in exactly the same way that you're complaining about right now - lengthy periods without updates or new info and so on. They work on the game, and when they're close to completing the game and actually have something substantial to show us, they show it. That's just the way Blizzard operates.

And honestly, I don't see anything wrong with that because, unlike other companies, Blizzard actually delivers. Sure, they've had some bad luck with offshoots, but when it comes to their major, flagship titles, they fucking deliver. So I'm more than happy to sit through silence if it means they're busy making kickass games. Which they are.
    Last edited by Berserker; 02-04-2010 at 04:48 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Remember Starcraft Ghost?

Blizzard could have gone ahead and just finished it and released it but they did not. They felt it was not good.

Yes they could have released it and cashed in on the Starcraft name, but if it was as bad as they say they would have disappointed fans who trust Blizzard.

Many companies would have cashed in on something such as Starcraft Ghost for the money in the short term, not really care that they knowingly released something substandard.

But Blizzard chose not too. And that is why Blizzard fans are loyal. They trust Blizzard. How many game companies do you trust to bring you a great game time after time? Not many I bet.