Thread: Ok, this is a funny bit of irony.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread seems like it was only an excuse for the OP to say "I read Japanese!"

Seriously, the Japanese game was made first before the crappy English translation. What could possibly be funny at all about the original sentence that the resulting nonsensical English came from? Nothing, because the original was constructed correctly in its language, while the English translation clearly got all wonky due to bad translators.

And bombman, take it from someone else who's studied Japanese, getting pissed at others just because you think(actually just pull assumptions out of your ass) that they're nowhere near your level doesn't give you the right to go off at them and assume they're as you call them "wapanese". One thing I can certainly say I've seen in all my years of studying languages of any sort is that a lot of people act like it's some sort of competition, and they never fail to try to find fault with others studying the language they're learning, almost as if they feel threatened someone else dare to intrude on their territory.

That's an assumption itself, but with how you find it neccesary to fly off the handle over someone else who ma or may not be as great as you are, I can't see it any over way. Get over yourself.

Clearly you don't even know English well enough to get what irony means. lol BTW everyone who cares what the original says may as well look here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_you...e_belong_to_us
    Last edited by Guy Bramsworth; 10-23-2009 at 04:42 AM.