A question I don't believe has been pondered yet is this: What's the difference between buying a pirated copy of a soundtrack and using a computer program to rip the soundtrack from the game rom itself? Not to mention that the roms themselves are technically illegal.

As for me, I don't think any of my soundtracks are pirates, but if I found one in my (rather small) collection I doubt I'd get too mad. Sure, it's still a ripoff no matter how you look at it, but if it's bought it's bought. Especially if you got it off of eBay. I agree that they really seem to care less, considering how many pirated soundtracks get sold. Just think of how much revenue that generates for eBay. The sellers, after all, pay a percentage to eBay, so I can easily imagine them just silently "overlooking" some things while cracking down on others to keep their image looking good.

On a side note, I tend to find pirated/unlicenced *games* (Sachen!) somewhat interesting, from a hardware perspective anyway. Doesn't mean I condone them, but they're still interesting nonetheless.