Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did Messiah Entertainment close up shop?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carey85 View Post
    I really don't want Messiah to go away. I get entirely too much joy out of asking them if I can demo Maniac Mansion, Rad Racer II, or Castlevania III on the NEX at conventions. For the record, I have a NEX, NEX wireless controllers, an NEX arcade stick, and their SNES wireless controllers, and think they're all pretty good products. I get a little pissed off about the compatibility issues of the NEX, but no hardware clone has done it better thus far, save for Kevin Horton's FPGA NES.
    the retroduo did better actually ;p I don't know about maniac mansion and rad racer, but it is definitely compatible with CIII

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
    the retroduo did better actually ;p I don't know about maniac mansion and rad racer, but it is definitely compatible with CIII
    Agreed, the Retro Duo and the Twin FC are better US Nintendo clones and can play more games than the NEX. If you are looking for a decent US Nintendo Clone, either one of those is pretty good.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah, but one thing I've noticed about the Retro Duo is that the color is washed out on NES games. The SNES games also have problems, mainly with vertical lines.

Other than that, the Retro Duo is awesome.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Retro Duo NES composite video is so much better than the NEX, due to the fact that the manufacturer decided to go softer in the video output color....All NOAC's suffer from these stripey lines syndrome and thats the Main reason the NEX went crazy with the colors ( saturated) to hide them instead.....
    §ø Ï ζ Ξ Δ φ Ψ ς ώ ☆ ¿ ∞ ♪ ξ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I'm enjoying my Gen-X. Plays genesis, megadrive, most nes games, and with a converter, most famicom games. Plus it cost 45 shipped. If you realy have to have one though, try hastings or gamecrazy. Those two still carry em.

I dont know if they are on the verge of going under but I'll be the first to drink in celebration to it.