Thread: The Worst of Super Nintendo (SNES)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    Musya - I picked this up from a video rental boxed and all hearing that it was supposed to be a great and scary game and a top game in Japan. When I played it, I was treated to an aweful Castlevania clone with horrendous sound and the most boring game play I've ever seen on the SNES.
    I paid $4.95 for a complete copy from a rental store, lured in by similar promises. From the look of the pictures on the back, I kind of expected a decent Ninja Gaiden-styled game. What I ended up with was more like Ninja Gaiden's slower, less accomplished, ugly younger brother. I played it less than once and randomly gave it away to an unsuspecting 'friend' of mine

Was The Incredible Hulk mentioned earlier? I picked this up from the same rental store for $2.50; captivated by the pictures on the back showing a beat-em-up with a detailed Hulk sprite delivering massive uppercuts and whatnot.

Well, you get a detailed sprite of the Hulk, and you can uppercut alright (after ducking down and mashing the attack button 2 or 3 times before it registers). What it didn't show on the back was me walking Hulk through a nonsensical maze of a city, endlessly pummeling idiots in grey Spaceballs costumes who then inexplicably explode, and having to push 'select' to morph back into Bruce Banner just to crawl on your hands and knees through tunnels and aquaducts that are too small for the Hulk (just like in the comics).

Oh, and the best part? Aside from picking up a random hand gun that carries only a few shots, human Bruce has........ no way to defend himself!! :O Yes, you WILL die, many times.... Absolutely terrible
    Last edited by Smashed Brother; 04-03-2008 at 07:06 PM.