Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

In the last 6 months or so I've spent probably 2000 but thats unusual and I'm trying to get it under control now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Within these past weeks I've spent a little over $100, and usually I spend next to nothing on games, since I like to play what I've got (the fact that the thrifts have dried up around here contributes as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    GUY WAS SUPPOSE TO PLAYABLE IN THE GAME
    My collection

Insert Coin (Level 0) fairyland's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good question, but shouldn't people say what type of collector they are as well? Are you a cheap ass gamer, a hoarder, a casual game collector? I see people mention several thousand, but is that on Gold NES championship carts, buying every 50 cent sport game they can find at garage sales, or just getting their weekly new games? It all adds up differently, and honestly more interesting than hearing a dollar amount.

I am a cheap ass gamer, so I spend probably a thousand or so a year. 90% on used games, 10% on new games and that's usually only on a sale discount. I end up getting a lot of games for my buck. Yet, about half the time I buy games merely to flip because I find them under priced and it's a fairly quick buck by putting them on half.com. My personal collection is only few hundred games, but everyone I adore. I just cannot collect for the sake of collecting, but I do admire people who does this as I love looking at their warehouse-like collections, even the hoarders with 100+ copies of 2600 Pacman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fairyland View Post
    Good question, but shouldn't people say what type of collector they are as well? Are you a cheap ass gamer, a hoarder, a casual game collector? I see people mention several thousand, but is that on Gold NES championship carts, buying every 50 cent sport game they can find at garage sales, or just getting their weekly new games? It all adds up differently, and honestly more interesting than hearing a dollar amount.

I am a cheap ass gamer, so I spend probably a thousand or so a year. 90% on used games, 10% on new games and that's usually only on a sale discount. I end up getting a lot of games for my buck. Yet, about half the time I buy games merely to flip because I find them under priced and it's a fairly quick buck by putting them on half.com. My personal collection is only few hundred games, but everyone I adore. I just cannot collect for the sake of collecting, but I do admire people who does this as I love looking at their warehouse-like collections, even the hoarders with 100+ copies of 2600 Pacman.

All right, I'm a bit of a hoarder but most of my money goes on rares and the complete collections I'm going for (working on NeoGeo Pocket, NGCD [almost there], Virtual Boy [almost there], and WonderSwan [eh, long way to go yet]). In the meantime I pick up great deals and a few super rares when I see them (picked up twin R9's recently, not so cheap), which easily puts me at a few hundred a month...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not spending that much money...I bought several cheap games in January (including a few GameCube games, one PS2 game and one DS game) and a few normal priced newer DS titles...and that's been it since then. I've not bought anything now in nearly 2 months and I don't plan to buy much in the way of games from now on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    It's nowhere near what I spend on cocaine.
    i just grind down all the ET cartridges i come across and snort those.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tkusina View Post
    i just grind down all the ET cartridges i come across and snort those.
    I've heard Madden Genesis carts can get you pretty high too.