Anybody ever hang around a game store after seeing a customer turn down the store's trade-in price? I got another N64 today after this guy brought a duffel bag full of games to my local Game Stop. I'm cool with the guys who work there, so I waited until the guy came out and bought the 64 from him. He had a lot of stuff that was brand new in the bag like Xbox Splinter Cell and PS2 Way of the Samurai, but I had to get the Ikaruga GC I pre-ordered, so I had to pass the rest up. When I got home, there was an expansion pak inside the system. I think he must have forgotten about it, so if I sell the whole thing back or to someone else, I can make the 20 bucks I spent back. This situation was karmic, since I once traded in a 64 and mistakenly left an expansion pak in it...

Another time, a guy was going to trade in 18 complete Genesis games and a Gen 2 in at EB, but when he found out that they would only give him a buck each for the games, he stormed out. I followed him to the parking lot and bought the games and the system for $40. He also offered me a Game Gear and some GG carts, but I was out of cash by then.

The way I see it, this isn't against their store policies because I didn't approach these guys in the stores or steal a sale from the chains. I figure, why let their good stuff sit at a pawn? I'll make a good home for it...

As a side note, both of these guys were trading their stuff in for a PS2, so I gather that casual gamers don't care about good games. They just want what's hot.