Wowsers!

That's the first phrase that popped into my head when I turned on my old Genny 1 with a newly minted S-Video mod. Good God.

Don't get it twisted.

RGB is definitely better, but man... The Genny in S-Video is fantastic! I would have never imagined that the difference would be so pronounced.

Up till this point, I've played the Genny 3 ways. Composite video ( the little yellow plug), RGB and via the Genesis emulator on XBOX in 720p or 1080i ehanced mode.

No question that RGB is the best picture, but my God, S-Video looks damn good. Much props to Kamino (a DP member) that hooked me up with the mod. Great trade bro! But yeah, S-Video is a really big suprise. I was playing Aladdin, and you could see alot more detail in the structures and stuff. Just little things you didn't notice before. Up until this point, I was actually preferring to go with the Genesis emulator on the XBOX in a 1080i ehanced mode. But until they convert a Genny controller to work on XBOX, this is the best way to play my Genesis on a big Screen TV with a S-Video plug.

The bottom line, is if you got a big screen TV with a S-Video input, and you play your "real" Genesis system on it, then you owe it to yourself to get this mod. It's freaking mandatory.

Runs off to try Jurassic Park in S-Video......