Thread: Did early PS2 games have different cases?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think there is a new ps2 case!!!

I bought Yakuza 2 recently, it wasn't sealed, but was new from gamestop. It was there last copy, and thus the display copy on the floor. So unless they have special cases for ps2 games, this is a 4th version.

Its very similar to the 3rd style case, but a tad different. I will list the differences here.

The 4th style case has a smaller PS logo above where you put the cd on the spindle.
    It also has only 3 gaps in the circle part that surrounds the cd.
    It also has a small plastic piece sticking up in the dead center of the case where it bends, I guess this is to keep the manual from sliding over to the disc side...
    The mini wall divider that is on the 3rd style case, that is at the spot where you bend/close the case, on the inside, is no longer on the 4th style case.
    The company that makes ps2 case's, called AMARAY has there logo almost always on the lower left side on the inside, on the disc holding side. Its nowhere to be found on the 4th case. New company perhaps making this cases?, or just not there anymore....?
    There is small ledge on the manual side of the 4th style, near dead center between the 2 manual holding clips.
    The spindle part has 3 slits on the 3rd style case, on the the 4th style case it has 8 slits.
    It has quite a few different types of edges on the inside of case, then the 3rd style.

It also imo, appears to be tougher, as when i put a little pressure with my fingers on the case, you can hear the 3rd style case creak just a bit. The 4th style case does not creak.

Could someone please confirm this 4th style case, just so i know there 100% legit and i didn't get some bogus case.

Has any one seen a double cd case in the 3rd or 4th style yet? Pics if possible please.
    Last edited by bcks007; 09-15-2008 at 11:11 PM.