just wondering who else here has ever had to sacrifice part of a collection for the sake of another collection... I just had to do it recently for the first time... sacrificed my entire D&D collection from my board game collection for the sake of adding Pac In Time to my video game collection... I know I paid alot more than I should've for it, but I wanted a new sealed copy, so I'd know that it would be in perfect mint condition... it took me over 10 years to find a new sealed copy for sale, and the asking price was $150... about twice what the game cost brand new back in the day... the price I passed up on several times in favor of getting something else instead, and then suddenly I wasn't able to find it new and sealed anymore, and I still hadn't gotten it yet... so I was willing to pay virtually any price to add it to my collection, and when it finally appeared on ebay, I had to have it... just one problem... I had no money at all... so I had to sell something, to be able to get it, and I had to be able to sell it FAST, before someone else used the $150 BIN on it...

I ended up selling my complete D&D boxed rule set collection... 6 sets in all... Basic Rules, Expert Rules, Companion Rules, Master Rules, Immortal Rules, and the Hollow World campaign set... I really didn't want to sell it, but it was all I had that was worth around $150, that I could sell very quickly... so I sold it all for $120, and got the extra $30 I needed by selling an old NHRA collectible that I happened to have two of... the 1/24 scale Tom Martino 1998 Six Flags NHRA Pro Stock Firebird model... I got $50 for it very quickly, but I felt like I was very lucky to get that much for it that quickly, because I had paid $30 for it about 5 years ago and was just hoping to get my money back on it...

anyhow, I actually sold the car first, and ended up using part of that money to buy some souvenirs from the Reliant Park World Series of Dog Shows that was held here recently, so I could add them to my Dog collection... I had received payment just minutes before I left to attend the show, and sure enough I ended up having to use $20 of that money for something I wanted there... so now I had to sell something else... well I had already posted an old Monopoly clock from 1984 with all the other stuff I was trying to sell, because I was afraid that I wouldn't even be able to get my money back from selling the car... and I lucked out and sold it for $50 shipped, which again was more than I thought that I'd be able to get for it, but it had to be shipped to Australia... that cost $30, so I really only got $20 for it, which was all that I expected to be able to get for it... anyway, so yet another item that I considered to be part of my board game collection was sacrificed for the sake of adding Pac in Time for SNES to my video game collection...

but now it's finally here, with the crisp new manual filed away with the rest of my SNES game manuals, and the cartridge filed away with the rest of my SNES carts... I've only played it enough to test it and make sure it works so far, but it's really cool and I am very pleased with my purchase, even if I did end up spending about $75 more than I really wanted to have to spend on it... and sacrifice all those old D&D sets that I really didn't wanna sell in the process... but I am also pleased with my decision to sell my D&D sets... I've decided that I can always replace them... prolly not with copies as nice as my original copies were, but that's OK with me, because I'm not planning on trying to replace them anytime soon, if ever... I'm just very happy that I finally have Pac in Time in my collection now, and I was able to help out a fellow board game collector in the process... the guy who bought the D&D sets had been looking for a complete set of those rule sets in mint condition for about as long as I had been trying to find a new sealed copy of Pac in Time... so it just doesn't get any better than that... knowing that my rare sacrifice made someone else as pleased as I am with my own rare find...