Thread: After 22 Years, I finally beat Ghosts 'N Goblins for NES-EDIT:Adventure Island too!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default After 22 Years, I finally beat Ghosts 'N Goblins for NES-EDIT:Adventure Island too!

At long last, this monkey is off my back. I know others here have done it, but I'm glad to finally be in this exclusive club. The FAQ on gamefaqs.com was invaluab;e for telling me where hidden armor is, and most importanly, how to handle some NASTY glitches where invisible enemies appear out of nowhere (how to make them visible) and where you take damage for no reason at all.

I managed to get to stage 3-2 by myself and then left the Wii Virtual Console saved there for probably a year. Last night, I picked it up and played until 3 in the morning, making it to stage six. Of course, once I passed that, Lucifer was done on the first try. Amazingly, I ran through the entire second quest in under two hours right after that! I couldn't believe it, especially having not played the first 3.5 stages in ages. I breezed through all the stages of the second quest in very little time. Stage 6 took as much time as the previous 5 combined, although I almost nailed it on first shot (one more hit on the second Lucifer), but alas, it took nearly another hour.

I know someone here made a similar post a couple years back, but I could not find it. Anyway, only beating Holy Diver for the Famicom has brought me this much satisfaction for having beaten it, at least in recent memory.

-Rob
    Last edited by rbudrick; 05-16-2009 at 12:07 AM.
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!