Thread: I Don't Like My 360 Anymore

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 360 has been running on all cyclinders lately. The recent releases have been top notch. I would hold on to your system because trying to get something back once you had it sucks.

I'm curious with all the recent great releases nothing has stoked your interest? Too be honest I played the wii and although I love nintendo I wouldn't trade in the 360 for the wii. I played the off road game and I really believe that they could have don't that on the gamecube. Only the controller was different. Plus you want to see if the wii get REAL 3rd party support post launch.

Trade in the games you don't like but keep the systems. I believe the 360 will be the front runner after the hype and fanboysget there ps3 Nintendo will get theres. Another question to ask yourself do you get caught up in the hype of a game release? I see a whole lot of games coming down the pipe you might want.

I had a small period when my system was idle then the games started coming in combined with live....play on Good luck.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I Don't Like My 360 Anymore

And it's been at least a month since I've touched the thing.

And I was so mad at myself for not playing it since I just spent $500 on the thing this past August, bought all these games, had fun with them for a few days each, but really I just don't seem to care about it anymore.

I find tham I'm more excited to get Yoshi's Island 2 over Gears of War.

It's a cool system I guess, but it seems like the WOW factor with the graphics and sound have worn off and I'm realizing that in terms of games and gameplay it's really not much more than a regular Xbox with better audio and visuals. I even got bored with Oblivion after about a week.

Maybe I'll sell it off and put the money toward getting a Wii when they come out with some games I want for it.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would recommend you to try out GoW before selling it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    I'm curious with all the recent great releases nothing has stoked your interest? Too be honest I played the wii and although I love nintendo I wouldn't trade in the 360 for the wii. I played the off road game and I really believe that they could have don't that on the gamecube. Only the controller was different. Plus you want to see if the wii get REAL 3rd party support post launch.
    Honestly, no, there really isn't anything out for the system that interests me that all much. The new Brothers in Arms and Blue Dragon are the only games on the horizon I can see myself really wanting to play. But other than that everything else just seems like "meh" to me.

And if I sell it I won't be buying a Wii right away either. I'll be sitting on the money for about a year or so untill they release something on that system that interests me, because right now there's like one game (Zelda) and that's it. And honestly I'm not a giant Zelda nut and am more intrigued by Super Paper Mario then anything else.

I woudn't call the 360 a bad system or crap, it's probably got the best line up pf games right now. But it seems to me everything I play I've played before but now it just has a different skin. On the other hand I've been addicted to Contact on the DS. Despite it's setbacks the cool story and funny dialogue and side stuff keeps me hooked.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Go Play:

Tony Hawk Project 8 Demo
    Gears Of War
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Dead Rising (If you haven't already)
    #vbender

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler
    Go Play:

Tony Hawk Project 8 Demo
    Gears Of War
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Dead Rising (If you haven't already)
    Hardly sound like games someone using Ronald for an Avatar would play.

RANT:

The thing I'm seeing with the 360 is that you have few choices. Sure the games are great, but it's in a one a a time cycle. You buy one game, finish it, then have to wait for the next good one. The concole is being milked; good titles are being released to maximize sales, Xbox Arcade games are being released in sync to fill gaps. If you're keeping up there is no variety. Going to be a couple extra release in November. No coincidence Gears of War and Viva Pinata came out the same week; for the most part they attract completely different audiences. Now we have to wait until January for a decent title though almost everything scheduled for January/February gets delayed each year...companies want to see if their holiday profits met expectations before releasing anything...

Later,
    Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please send your Xbox 360 and all games to me. I will pay for all shipping, packaging, and gas. It's a sacrifice for me, I know, but I'm a people-person.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It keeps dragging me away from my consoles.

The only beef I have with the system, is the backwards compatiblity. Now I refuse to buy any Xbox game for the 360 because each game that I like keeps giving me more hassle then running a Windows 95 game on XP. Even when they state it's on "The list". Wait a minute...DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!! DAMN YOU'S ALL TO HELL!!!! You went and blew it all up!!

2nd beef, is not having an HDTV and not being warned about Dead Rising before hand. However, I could not prevent this, since Dead Rising was a gift and I did not purchase it. Sure, MS tries to help standard TV's yet not barely at all.

However any new game released and your 360 adores you. I still can't find myself to dish out $60 for a brand new single game.

However, like gepeto said, keep your system, but never sell it.
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDrive20XX
    Wait a minute...DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!! DAMN YOU'S ALL TO HELL!!!! You went and blew it all up!!
    Haha Homer Simpson quote?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know how anyone could be bored of an Elder Scrolls game after only a week.....

I must've put like 300hrs into Morrowind.

I refuse to play Oblivion now, as if I buy it, I'll probably end up getting divorced and fired from my job. Those games pwnz my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Wait a minute...DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!! DAMN YOU'S ALL TO HELL!!!! You went and blew it all up!!
    ?

Planet of the Apes. The "you's" part of it is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm
    Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    ?

Planet of the Apes. The "you's" part of it is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
    ?

I know, but Homer said the exact same thing, alot more funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Default Re: hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken
    RANT:

The thing I'm seeing with the 360 is that you have few choices. Sure the games are great, but it's in a one a a time cycle. You buy one game, finish it, then have to wait for the next good one. The concole is being milked
    I'll stop you right there. Good releases are spaced out simply because of the time, money, and resources it takes to produce an A-list title. There's no conspiracy. It's just the way things are going to be in the 360/PS3/Wii generation.

We're already to the point of 5 year development-to-release times for A-list titles (RE4, Oblivion).
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I suppose this thread is as good as any.

Ever since the last update, my USB keyboard's bottom row "V-to-qustionmark" stopped registering. Before the update last week, it worked perfectly on me in any game. Also, the keyboard is made by Microsoft.
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken
    RANT:

The thing I'm seeing with the 360 is that you have few choices. Sure the games are great, but it's in a one a a time cycle. You buy one game, finish it, then have to wait for the next good one. The concole is being milked
    I'll stop you right there. Good releases are spaced out simply because of the time, money, and resources it takes to produce an A-list title. There's no conspiracy. It's just the way things are going to be in the 360/PS3/Wii generation.

We're already to the point of 5 year development-to-release times for A-list titles (RE4, Oblivion).
    Yes. but it takes your choices away. You have to buy that A-list title or sit around twiddling your thumbs. ibtendo has the right idea with their lower developement costs, and I think handhelds ar going to flourish because of this. Fortunately the A-list titles have all been worth playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well since my birthday is coming up and I always get cash nowadays I've decided to take the advice given here and try GoW.

Most likely I'll be buying it tomorrow. If I enjoy it the 360 stays, if I play it for two hours and then don't touch it for a month it's get's added to the 360 bundle on ebay.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slip81
    Well since my birthday is coming up and I always get cash nowadays I've decided to take the advice given here and try GoW.

Most likely I'll be buying it tomorrow. If I enjoy it the 360 stays, if I play it for two hours and then don't touch it for a month it's get's added to the 360 bundle on ebay.
    Good choice. I remember when the genesis launched there was a slow buildup to great games. Most new systems are like that. I remember the ps2 launch had a long dry spell while developers grasps the systems capabilities.

On Gow I am so glad they released this now because with me being a gamer I want a ps3 but The only ps3 launch title I want is resistance. For me 700 for the ps3 and resistance is alot GOW gave me my fix big time now resistance has to show and prove. The 360 is as next gen as you are going to get at the cheaper price for now
    neo geo system

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved my 360 until it just died. Now I have to wait two weeks before I can finish Hardcore and Insane on GOW. Why did it have to die now?
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive actually decided to get a 360 sometime within the next 6-9 months and wait it out on both the PS3 mostly because of its price plus the fact that I need a new TV for that thing and the Wii to see if it meets expectations and truly delivers in the new type of gameplay department.

about 4 months ago I had just enough $$$ to pick up a core model 360 but decided against it with all of the problems fellow gamers were having with their launch or early models plus I wanted a system WITH the hard drive.