Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vulcanjedi

Default Arcade Memory!

Arcade machine actually, not an actual arcade event.

It was the sometime in 1976. My buddy’s girlfriend told us the 7-11 where she worked was getting a new video game. They already had 2 pinball machines and were replacing one with a brand new game. We had already gotten tired of the pong machine that was in the pizza shop around the corner. So we were really looking forward to something different.

That Saturday afternoon we walked in to the 7-11 and there it was, a Breakout Machine. At first glance it didn’t look like anything much different than pong. But then as we played it turned out to be a lot more fun that we thought it would be. We were engrossed in a competition and the action was fast and furious as we battled the paddle and blah blah blah. Actually the point is we were really into it, oblivious to all else when two police officers interrupted us and asked if we saw anything. We looked at them and shrugged and my buddies girlfriend came running over and said, “My God, did you see that?” and she was all shook up and we said “what?, we were playing the game.” She then punched my buddy in the arm and walked away with one of the cops.

The 7-11 had just been robbed. At the register less than ten feet from where we were playing breakout. Some guy pulled a gun demanding money. He got what was in the register and then ran out the door. The other cop that was asking us questions shook his head and mumbled something about how stupid video games made people and then left.
    We were thinking about going back to playing when my buddy decided it would be in his best interest to go see how his girlfriend was instead.

eol

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We should ship this over to the Arcade Alley forum.

Breakout has the same effect at the Ninja household. I very often completely miss phone calls, visitors at the door, screaming toddler, and requests from MsNinja when Breakout is running. Pac-Man, for example? I snap right out. Breakout? Not a chance.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.Faxanadu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW You guys missed the whole thing !! Crazy!

I loved going to the local Sev to play arcades. I remember going there with some buddies to play Final Fight at 1 in the morning.... fun times.
    Check out HitpointZ.com to see all my items for sale!