This is a thread for discussing what games you think are overrated or underrated, and for other people to comment on them. Overrated, been done before, but I did a quick search for underrated and the last discussion was about 9 months ago (I only checked the top ten, if you'd like too, you can check through the other 863 threads).

-Asteroids (can't remember). I hate this game. I hate the control, I hate everything. Galaga is so much better.

-Grand Theft Auto 3/Vice City/San Andreas (PS2): First off, this is a fun game, and I do admit I play them every once in a while (I don't do missions, I just put in ammo and weapon cheats, go atop a building, and play God), but this game isn't the greatest game ever.

-Megaman series (NES): Don't get me wrong, these are good (not great, GOOD) video games, but they're not nearly as great as Mario or Ninja Gaiden.

Metal Gear Solid (NES) - I never liked this game, but I play it every now and then to see if I can get into it. Long story short, no I cannot. Initially, I didn't like Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (the first Metal Gear Solid I played), but it grew on me. This one, however, doesn't seem to likely I'll EVER enjoy it.

-Silent Hill (PSX): I bought Silent Hill because of the hype over it. Needless to say, I was less then pleased. What was an average game was being hyped up to be some sort of godsend for fans of horror. It's an ok game, with interesting ideas, but it could never pull it all off with me.

-Tetris (NES). I can play Tetris every now and then, but it's not really all that fun. I'd probably give it a D+.

-Tomb Raider (PSX): This game is just terrible. I'm not sure what it is I don't like about it...I just hate it.

Underated games:

-King of Fighters '99 (PSX, Arcade): This was a great fighting game! Me and my dad used to play this a lot. Then again, I like pretty much all fighting games (within reason).

-Mr. Nutz (SNES): I grew up on this game, as well as others, and have to admit: this little red squirrel provided me with so much fun! I haven't played it in a few years and never got past the second boss, but it was fun trying.